Chaffey Logo link


Financial Aid Home


Financial Aid Programs

Financial Aid News

Panther Promise

Dream Act

Financial Aid SAP counseling

New Changes for 2015-2016

Disbursement Information

Summer 2019 Disbursement

Disbursement Schedule

Terms and Conditions of
Receiving Financial Aid

Important Dates


Cost of Education

Determining Need

Financial Literacy Cash Course

Satisfactory Academic

Repayment Policy

Repeated Coursework Policy

Private Loans


Other resources

Net Price Calculator

Earned Income Tax Credit

Licensure Exams

Required Forms

Contact Us

Form 1098-T Information

Questions Ask Panther
Financial Aid Questions? Ask Panther 24/7/365


Financial Aid Programs

California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG Fee Waiver)

What is the California College Promise Grant?

California  College Promise Grant The California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver) is a state sponsored program, which waives enrollment fees ($46 per unit) for eligible California/AB540 residents and a portion of students’ parking permit fee for Fall and Spring Semesters.

To apply for the California College Promise Grant, students must have a valid FAFSA application or California Dream Act Application in our system during the current semester. Students who paid for classes prior to receiving a CCP Grant will receive a refund once the CCP Grant is processed. The CCP Grant must be processed and posted to the student's account by the last day of the current semester. If your CCP Grant is awarded after the last day of the semester, you will not be eligible to be reimbursed. No refunds will be issued after the end of the semester. No exceptions.

The California College Promise Grant program is not a cash award. CCP Grant eligible students will be responsible for all or a portion of the Student Health fees. For more information on fees, please visit Make sure you check your account statement and pay all applicable fees to ensure your registration and prevent future holds on your account.

To qualify for a CCP Grant, students must meet one of the following criteria:
  • Receive TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP or General Assistance (or, if a dependent student, your parent(s) receive this assistance). Students must show proof (i.e. Copy of a CA-7 with current or last month’s date, agency verification)

  • Be certified by the California Department of Veterans Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General for eligibility for a dependent's fee waiver;

  • Be eligible as a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor or as a child of a recipient or a dependent of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

  • Be eligible as a dependent of a deceased law enforcement/fire suppression personnel killed in the line of duty.

  • Meet income standards for a CCP Grant (or your parent's income, if you are a dependent student)

  • Have remaining "financial need" of at least $1,104. If you do not meet the above eligibility criteria, you need to complete a FAFSA to apply for the California College Promise Grant. Many students may be eligible for the California College Promise Grant by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).

You must re-apply each academic year. The 2018-2019 the California College Promise Grant covers Summer 2018, Fall 2018, and Spring 2019.

Students completing the FAFSA/Dream Act application will have their California College Promise Grant eligibility automatically determined. The California College Promise Grant will automatically appear in the student’s awards if eligible. When students register for classes, the $46/unit enrollment fees will be waived. An award notification will be sent by the Financial Aid Office once eligibility is determined.  Students may also check their awards in the My Chaffey Portal by clicking My Chaffey via Financial Aid Self Service.

Important CCP Grant changes

Beginning 2016-17 academic year, the Board of Governors Fee Waiver will be implementing academic standards. All grades will be used to determine CCP Grant eligibility for 2016-2017.Students who do not meet academic standing and academic progress standards for two consecutive terms will lose eligibility for the CCP Grant. This is based on new State regulations.

How will I know

Students will be notified within 30 days of the end of each term if he/she is being placed on either Academic (GPA) and/or Progress (Course Completion) probation. Notification will include the information that a second term of probation will result in a loss of fee waiver eligibility. After the second consecutive term of probation, students may lose eligibility for the fee waiver for the next registration opportunity.

How to maintain eligibility

In order to qualify students must meet minimum academic standards. All grades will be used to determine CCP Grant eligibility. Please note that Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for eligibility of the CCP Grant Fee Waiver is different than SAP for Federal and State aid programs.

How to regain eligibility

If a student loses eligibility for the CCP Grant, there are a few ways to have the CCP Grant reinstated:

  • Improvement to GPA and/or Course Completion measures to meet academic and progress standards
  • Successful appeal regarding extenuating circumstances
  • Not attending Chaffey College for two consecutive semesters(Fall/Spring)

Criteria for appealing the loss of CCP Grant due to extenuating circumstances:

  • Verified accidents, illness or other circumstances beyond the student’s control
  • Verified change in economic situation
  • Evidence of inability to obtain essential support services
  • Special consideration factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, DSPS and veteran students

Disability accommodations not received in a timely manner

NOTE: Foster youth and former foster youth (age 24 years and younger) are not subject to loss of the CCP Grant Fee Waiver under these regulations.

How to appeal

Students meeting one of the above mentioned criteria would appeal by submitting a CCP Grant Fee Waiver appeal form with Admissions and Records. Complete the appeal form and attach a personal statement, supporting documentation and a current Comprehensive Educational Plan.
Download the Petition to appeal the loss of California College Promise Grant (formerly the BOG Fee Waiver) and Enrollment Priority
Students will be notified via email of their approval or denial. If approved, the CCP Grant Fee Waiver will be added to the student’s award if otherwise eligible.

Explanation of Primary and Consecutive Terms:

Primary terms are fall and spring; summer does not count. Consecutive terms means two primary terms with no more than a one term break.
Example: fall 2015, fall 2016
Example: spring 2016, spring 2017
Example: fall 2015, spring 2016


Renewing Your Cal Grant (A, B & C)

After CSAC verified whether or not you are eligible to renew your Cal Grant, a letter or email will be sent to you.  To be eligible for a Cal Grant renewal award, you must:
  • File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year.
  • Meet income and asset ceilings and a minimum need criteria
  • Attend a Cal Grant eligible school located in California.
  • Have remaining Cal Grant Program eligibility.
  • Have received Cal Grant payments for all terms or requested a leave of absence (LA).
Students must apply by the deadlines and be enrolled in at least 6 units to receive this award. Awards are prorated if you are enrolled in less than 12 units each semester.

For state grants such as Cal Grants, students must be a California resident, meet requirements for the federal grants, and submit a GPA Verification form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) in addition to completing the FAFSA by March 2.

Cal Grant recipients are selected by CSAC.  Community College students will be given a second opportunity to submit GPA Verification, if not selected on the first cycle, of September 2.

Students will be contacted by the Financial Aid Office once your eligibility is determined and your awards have been offered to you.

Cal Grant B assists low-income students attending community colleges with living expenses and books.  The award is $1,648 (Beginning FA14) for the year and may be used for books, living expenses and transportation.

Cal Grant C assists students with tuition and training costs for technical, occupational, vocational, or career training programs.  The award includes up the $547 (Beginning FA12) for books, tools and equipment.  Funding is available for up to two years, depending upon the length of the program.  To qualify, you must enroll in an occupational, technical or vocational program that is at least four months long at a California Community College.  To find out more information, visit

WebGrants for Students - If you have filed a 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you can go online and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging onto the WebGrants for Students and creating an account. This secure site will let you view the status of your Cal Grant or Chafee application, update your address, view payment history or tell us you're changing your school.

Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG)

Formerly the Full Time Student Success Grant and the California Community College Completion Grant as of Fall-2018

Beginning Fall 2018, the Student Success Completion Grant (SSCG) is a new California Community College financial aid program for students who receive a Cal Grant B or Cal Grant C and are enrolled at least full time (12+ units). The purpose of the SSCG is to facilitate student persistence, retention and success. The SSCG provides additional financial assistance to students attending at least 12 to 15 units per semester (24 to 30 plus units per academic year).

Students will be automatically reviewed for eligibility for the SSCG. Students can receive $1,298 annually ($649 per semester) for eligible students who enroll and attend 12 through 14.99 units per term and a maximum of $4,000 annually ($2,000 per semester) for eligible students who enroll and attend 15 units or more per term.

Eligibility Criteria
  • Must be a Cal Grant B or C recipient that received a full-time Cal Grant payment
  • Must be enrolled full-time (12 units or more)
  • Must be meeting Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards
  • Must have unmet need to receive the SSCG


The California Chafee Grant Program gives money to Foster Youth and former Foster Youth to use for vocational training or college courses. The Chafee Grant program, also known as the Educational and Training Voucher (ETV), is a federally and state funded program and is subject to the availability of funds each year. The student must have been a Foster Youth between the ages of 16 to 19. The student must be under the age of 23 and have been eligible to receive services from the Department of Social Services Independent Living Program (ILP). Award amounts are based on need. Applications can be submitted on line at


The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded program for undergraduates who demonstrate financial need.  The amount of the Pell Grant is based on the cost of attendance, the Expected Family Contribution, and the number of units the student is enrolled in.  Awards are prorated if you are enrolled in less than 12 units each semester. Eligible students receive payments twice each semester.  Students may be awarded up to the maximum amount of $5,730 per year.  


The FESOG is a federally funded grant available to undergraduates who demonstrate exceptional financial need and/or a specific program of study, meet the priority deadline, and are Pell Grant recipients.  Students are required to be enrolled in a minimum of six units; usually awarded only if the student is full-time. Funds are extremely limited. You must apply early to receive this award before funds are depleted.


Students awarded FWS have the opportunity to earn up to the amount offered on the financial aid award offer. Students may work up to 20 hours per week and earn a monthly paycheck.  Federal Work Study awards are determined by financial need (by completing the FAFSA) and must be enrolled in six (6) or more units per semester. 

FWS job listings are posted in the Student Employment office for eligible FWS students and are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis.  The Student Employment office can be contacted at (909) 652-6511.  Need more information?? Feel free to print out one of our Federal Workstudy Information Flyers.


Scholarships are usually, but not always, based on a combination of need and merit.  Available scholarship applications are typically available at the Chaffey College Foundation Office, or check out the Foundation Department website for more scholarship information.  Students may also contact Student Activities Office for yearly scholarship opportunities. Scholarships require a separate application from the FAFSA. Eligibility and enrollment requirements will vary by donor.


Financial Aid Office Hours

Friday, November 9

All Financial Aid offices in Fontana and Chino will be closed beginning at 1pm and the Rancho Campus will close at 2pm.

Monday, November 12

All Financial Aid offices will be closed in observance of Veterans Day.
Mon. & Thur. 7:30am - 7:00pm
Tues. & Wed. 7:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm

Learn about financial aid
through these short videos

FinAid TV

Go to Chaffey's Financial Aid TV

Changes to the
FAFSA Process
for 2017-2018

FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid

You can now apply for
the 2017-2018 school year!
File a 2017-18 FAFSA
as early as October 1st
to apply for aid for the Fall 2017 term.

BankMobile Disbursements
to learn about how disbursements are made!

California Student Aid Commision logo

California Student Aid Commission

Questions about CalGrants?
Check out the CSAC site.

Money and Diploma picture

Chafee Grant for Foster Youth

Visit this site or your
ILP worker for more info.

Student Clearing House Logo
National Student Clearing House.
Trusted source for enrollment verification and loan/lender information.



Rev. 11/6/18

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.

Back to Top