Purpose: The Curriculum Committee is a standing committee of the Chaffey College Faculty Senate with representative cross-functional membership. We provide leadership in curriculum development, approve curriculum to meet state, local and transfer standards, and serve in a recommending and advisory capacity to the Chaffey College Governing Board in matters related to the college curriculum.
Scope: The committee's purview includes the maintenance and development of a professional quality curriculum as well as the following activities:
- The systematic review of proposals to change program and course curricula.
- The investigation of evaluative instruments to measure the effectiveness of program curricula.
- The regular and systematic review of graduation requirements, transfer certification requirements, and other matters related to the curriculum as a totality.
- The examination of the curriculum for unwarranted duplication of courses.
- Course approval delegated to the college by the Chancellor's Office.
- Annual systematic review of program effectiveness in conjunction with the Program and Services Review (PSR) Committee.
- Systematic review of articulation agreements (high school, vocational, and baccalaureate).
The committee meets bi-weekly on Wednesdays from 1:30-3:00 in the Berz Excellence Building, Room 204. The Curriculum Committee agenda is posted 72 hours in advance of each meeting on the external bulletin board located on the 2nd floor of the BEB building. Feel free to contact any member with your questions and comments.