The Chaffey College Success Center network of services can provide you with the tools to succeed in college, careers, and life.
Watch this short orientation video to learn how to access services.
Fall 2020 Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 8am-8pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am-3pm
What can I do in the online Success Center?
You can fulfill your supplemental learning requirements with activites such as
- Learning Groups
- Directed Learning Activities (DLAs)
We also offer
- Free tutoring
- Petition clearance for math and science courses
To access all of these services, please visit the Success Center Hub located on Canvas through the Student Support Hub.
How do I make an appointment?
If it is your first time accessing Success Center services, click on these instructions to see how you can access the Success Center services online.
You can schedule the following types of appointments on the Success Center Hub.
- Tutoring appointments to review completed DLAs
- Workshop and learning group appointments
- Thirty-minute tutoring appointments
You can also walk-in online same day for all Success Center services.
Be prepared for your online appointments by doing the following
- Make sure your webcam and microphone work.
- Have questions ready for your tutor.
- Prepare materials ahead of time, such as notes, text book, and homework.
- Be ready to participate in the tutoring session with your tutor.
Success Center Policies
Directed Learning Activities (DLAs) - Success Center staff can verify the number of DLAs that can be reviewed per day. Please refer to your instructor if you have questions about the deadline for the DLAs.
Workshops and groups - Students are allowed to make one workshop or group appointment per day per subject. Students must participate and attend the entire time to get credit.
Tutoring - Students are allowed to make one tutoring appointment per day per subject.
Liaisons by Academic Career Community
To align with the College’s Guided Pathways transformation, the Success Centers have been reorganized around the six Academic and Career Communities starting this Fall. The new ACC-aligned Success Centers will be lead by the following liaisons
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Success Center Tutors
The Success Centers hire a diverse group of tutors who have various educational backgrounds to meet students' needs. Tutors may be peers who are also students at Chaffey. Other tutors may be students at local colleges and universities or faculty tutors at Chaffey. All subject-specific Success Center tutors are recommended by instructors and have successfully completed courses they support with an 'A' or 'B' grade. In addition, they participate in tutor training throughout each semester, including topics on multiculturalism, gender equality, neuro-atypical learners, and mental health.
Success Center Awards
The Success Centers have earned numerous awards, including
- The Board of Governors Award
- The statewide Academic Senate Innovations Award
- An Innovative English Program Award from the National Council for the Teachers of English (NCTE)
- Recognition from the state Chancellor’s Office for “best practices” in basic skills
- Metlife Award as part of the Opening Doors Program