The Faculty Senate is a governance organization that represents Chaffey College faculty
in all academic and professional matters. The role of Faculty Senate is outlined by
AP 2510-Participation in shared governance. Commonly referred to at 10+2, activities
and responsibilities may include or go beyond the following:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree & Certificate Requirements
- Grading Policies
- Educational Program Development
- Standards or Polices regarding Student Preparation and Success
- District and College governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- The appointment of faculty members to serve on college committees, task forces, or
other groups dealing with academic and professional matters shall be made by the Faculty
Senate in consultation with the Superintendent/President or designee.
- There are some areas where the Faculty Association may appoint faculty to committees.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the governing
board and the academic senate.
- Hiring criteria, policies, procedures, and equivalencies for new faculty members shall
be developed, updated, and agreed upon jointly by representatives of the Governing
Board and Faculty Senate. (Unique to Chaffey and is not included as the statewide
This web site serves as a focal point and resource center for matters related to Faculty
Senate business and related community involvement.
Berz Excellence Building
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Lissa A. Napoli