Extended Opportunity Programs and Services
Succeeding in college depends on more than just academic support for many students. You may need extra financial help, specialized counseling that addresses your specific challenges and overall guidance to meet your educational and career goals. Chaffey College offers Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) to meet those needs. The state legislature established EOPS in 1969 as a state-funded counseling program for economically and academically disadvantaged students to help them achieve their goals.
EOPS is a community college counseling program that provides "over and above" academic, personal and financial support to qualified community college students whose educational and socioeconomic backgrounds might prevent them from successfully attending college. Services provided are specifically designed for under-represented students and their specific needs with the ultimate goal being completion of a certificate program, an associate degree and/or transfer to a four-year university.
Please click on photo to view the flyer larger and learn how to apply for EOPS
- Academic, career and limited personal counseling, including through Guided Pathways
- Foster youth specialized counseling services
- Priority registration
- Orientation to college classes (Guidance 2)
- Cultural awareness activities
- Assistance in purchasing textbooks for classes
- Book rental option
- Transportation assistance
- Supplemental programs for single parents receiving CalWORKs assistance (CARE), foster youth, students who qualify for Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) and complete the California Dream Act application, and a summer readiness program (SRP) for recent high school graduates.
Meet all three of the following:
- Receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) A or B or California Dream Act A or B
- Have less than 69 degree-applicable units completed (students who have completed an associate's or bachelor's degree are not eligible to the program)
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units each fall and spring semester
And one of the following:
- Be a student who has not earned a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a high school grade-point average below 2.5
- Complete the Chaffey College placement process and score into or complete any of the following foundational courses: English 675, 575 or 475 or Math 510, 520 or 410
- Complete 500 series English or math at Chaffey College or the equivalent at another college
- Complete remedial/foundational course work in high school or college
- Complete English as a Second Language courses (ESL)
- Be a current or former foster youth
- Be a first-generation college student (a student whose parents or guardians have not completed a college degree).
How to Apply
- Please confirm applications are currently being accepted by checking the EOPS web page or calling the office at 909-652-6349 or 909-652-6358
- Apply online by logging onto your My Chaffey portal account (a Chaffey student ID number is required)
- Click on My Chaffey View and then click on the students menu
- Under the academic planning section, click at the Extended Opportunity Programs and Services application link. Please be aware that this link will ONLY be available during our open application window
- Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with details about EOPS eligibility and requirements
- It takes eight to twelve weeks to process your application and determine your eligibility
- You will be notified via your Panther email, or the email Chaffey College has on file, of your application status
Request a Classroom Presentation
Would you like EOPS to provide a presentation to your students? Click here to submit your request and an EOPS representative will reach out to you shortly to confirm details.
Rancho Cucamonga campus
Phone: 909-652-6349 or (909) 652-6358
Michael Alexander Campus Center - Room 205
Monday and Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Wednesday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Fridays, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Chino Main Instructional Building - Room 240
Business Hours: To Be Announced
Business Hours: To Be Announced