Career Transitions

One of the many ways Chaffey College helps high school students use education to get a job is through its career transitions program. Whether you are a Regional Occupational Program student or a high school student who simply has an interest in exploring options that will lead you from college to career, Chaffey can help. Career transitions gives students:

  • Hands-on learning experience through its Career Technical Education courses
  • Skills to be competitive in the job market
  • Preparation to enter directly into the workforce
  • Access to associate's and bachelor's degrees, and beyond
  • Opportunity to earn free college credit in high school Career Technical Education Courses through what are called "articulation agreements" between Chaffey and your high school.


Business education building (BE), Room 107


Student Enrollment Instructions

To receive college credit for your high school career transitions course, you'll need to go through the steps outlined in our career transition enrollment guide. Need help? Your high school counselor, career technician or teacher can assist you with this process. Chaffey College career transitions staff can also help.

NOTE: Under the supplemental questions category in the application, be sure to answer "yes"
to the question titled, "Career Transitions" because this will designate you as a career transition student. If you do not answer yes, you will be considered a regular Chaffey College student.

You will receive an email with your application confirmation number when you finish applying. You will receive a Chaffey College identification number within three days. You will need your ID to proceed to the next step.

Finally, create a Career And Technology Education Management Application (CATEMA) account. Check out our CATEMA set up guide for more assistance.

Career And Technology Education Management Application (CATEMA®) is a web application for instructors, students and staff to establish and maintain accounts to enter, update, display and report course articulation outcomes. For more information on CATEMA visit

Already approved for course articulation? Get started at Chaffey's CATEMA login page.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What forms or documents are required to earn career transitions credit at Chaffey College?

A: An application for admission to Chaffey College for career transitions students. See instructor for further documentation or criteria that may be required to earn credit.


Q: Does Chaffey College charge a fee to enroll in career transitions classes?

A: No enrollment fees are charged for high school/ROP career transitions students to earn college credit for Chaffey career transition classes.


Q: Who should I contact if I have a career transitions question?

A: For high school career Transitions courses: contact your High School Counselor or Career Tech coordinator. For enrollment or credit at Chaffey College contact Career Transitions Office at 909-652-6831,


Q: Where is the Career Transitions office located?

A: The career transitions office is located at the Chaffey College Rancho Cucamonga campus in the Business Education (BE) building, Room 107. All mail for Career Transitions can be sent to the address located in our sidebar. Map of Campus:


Q: Will Career Transitions students earn credit at Chaffey College?

A: Yes, for Career Transitions courses taken in high school that are “articulated” with a course at Chaffey College, and some classes are transferrable to other colleges.


Q: What type of credit will I earn at Chaffey College?

A: Specific articulation agreements determine the type of Chaffey College credit granted.

Types of credit:

  • "Placement credit" means you are not required to complete the articulated college course when it is part of a program of study at Chaffey College. A “program of study” shows the major course requirements for a degree or certificate.
  • "Unit credit" means you have earned units (similar to high school credits) for the articulated Chaffey College course. Course units will be posted on your Chaffey College transcript with a “CX” designation and units earned.


Q: As a career transitions student, can I take regular credit classes at Chaffey College?

A: Yes, but you will need to meet the admissions criteria for concurrent enrollment. There are different requirements for students taking regular Chaffey College courses while still enrolled in high school.

Refer to the Chaffey College schedule of classes for admissions information or contact the admissions and records coordinator at 909-652-6610. Review the Chaffey College catalog and schedule of classes to see what's available.


Q: How do I obtain my Chaffey student ID number?

A: Complete and submit the online admission. Be sure to click ‘Yes’ to the question indicating you are applying as a Career Transition student. You should receive an email within three business days containing your student Identification number. See Online and Application and Registration for more details.


Q: What if I forget to check the box asking if I am a career transitions student?

A: Contact or by phone at 909-652-6600, give them your name, Chaffey ID number, date of birth and inform them that you are a career transitions student and would like to make that change on your application.


Q: How will I know if I have received credit?

A: An email will be sent to you confirming the credit by exam or placement credit has been posted, along with instructions on how to manage MyChaffeyView to review credit earned. See below if you have not received an email yet but would still like to check.


Q: How do I check to see my credit?

A: Log on to MyChaffeyView

Your ID is the first initial of your first and last name (lower case) + your 7 digit student/employee ID number. If this is your first time logging into MyChaffeyView, your password is your birth date in mmddyy format. Example: If you were born on January 1, 2004, your password will be 010104. Click Students. Click "Official Transcript Request." Contact the Admissions and Records Office at 909-652-6600 if you have any issues.


Senior Early Transition Calendar

Keep track of important dates with our "senior early transition calendar."


Career Education Programs at Chaffey College

Accounting/Financial Services

Administration of Justice

Art/Digital Media

Automotive Technology

Aviation Maintenance Technology

Broadcasting & Cinema

Business Administration/Management

Business and Office Technologies

Child Development & Education

Computer Information Systems

Correctional Science

Dental Assisting

Drafting Technician

Education Paraprofessional

Engineering Technology

Fashion Design & Merchandising

Fire Technology


Hotel & Food Service Management

Industrial Electrical Technology

Interior Design



Nursing: Associate Degree in Nursing

Nursing: Certified Nursing Assistant

Nursing: Vocational Nursing

Nutrition and Foods


Pharmacy Technician


Physical Education: Coaching

Radiologic Technology


Information for Instructors

Are you a high school or Regional Occupational Program teacher who would like to establish a career transitions articulation (partnership) with Chaffey College? Here's how the process works:

  • When you submit a request to our articulation office, we'll review the information and make recommendations. You can receive a hard copy of this form by emailing us at
  • We'll set meetings to discuss and develop the agreement with you collaboratively. Call us if you have questions or need clarification at 909-652-6831
  • Then our office will record, activate and announce the agreement.
  • Students need to enroll at Chaffey College and obtain a Chaffey student identification number. They need to use an actively checked email address, state that they are a current higgh school student and include their expected graduation date. They must answer "yes" on the last question before submitting.
  • Students and teachers should create Career and Technology Education Management Application (CATEMA) accounts. Teachers need to create classes and students should add them. We've provided this instructor CATEMA guide for you.
  • At this point, students may enroll in the course. They'll be entered into the Chaffey College database and will be issued a college identification number.
  • Instructors facilitate course assessment by referring to the articulation agreement and contacting career transitions in advance to ensure compliance.
  • Once the student has completed the course, the instructor updates CATEMA with information about whether the student met all conditions of the articulation agreement and, if needed, assessment components.
  • If career transitions confirms the student met all conditions, the information will be forwarded to admissions so the student can receive credit.
  • Students will be notified via email of receiving credit.
  • The agreement needs to be renewed biannually and a notice will be sent to Chaffey and high school instructors for review
  • The college and instructors make revisions at collaborative meetings, draft updates and validate the agreements.
  • The revised agreements are then activated and distributed.
  • For a more detailed guide, refer to our instructor packet.



All new curriculum can be created on our CurricUNET page.


Career Transitions Articulation Agreements

Following is a list of Chaffey College's current articulation agreements. You may also view our Statewide Career Pathway agreements.

Course ID

Course Title




Service and Repair


Pass 100-question Chaffey College final exam (70% or better)


Auto Electricity and Electronics


Pass 100-question Chaffey College final exam (70% or better)

BIOL 20 & 22 (PL)

Human Anatomy and Human Physiology


Pass with a grade of 70% or better. Earn a grade of "B" or better.

BIOL 30 (PL)

Beginning Medical Terminology


Pass with a grade of 70% or better. Earn a grade of "B" or better.

BIOL 424 (Cx)

Anatomy and Physiology


Pass with a grade of 70% or better. Earn a grade of "B" or better.

BUS 10 (Cx)

Introduction to Business


Pre-approved assessment exams to be comprised of textbook test bank questions (at least 70%). Earn a grade of "B" or better in the course.

BUS 88 (PL)

Business Communication


Earn a grade of "B" or better in the course.

BUSMGT 440 (Cx)

Principles of Leadership


Pass with a grade of 70% or better

BUSMGT 436 (Cx)

Introduction to Logistics Management


Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course

BUSMKT 40 (Cx)

Marketing Principles


Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course

BUSOT 40A (Cx)

Beginning Computer Keyboarding


Submit three five-minute timed writings with 25 wpm and five or less errors

BUSOT 40B (Cx)

Computer Keyboarding


Submit three five-minute timed writings with 25 wpm and five or less errors

CIS 1 (Cx)

Introduction to Computer Information Systems


Pass a two-part written and production exam administered at Chaffey (70% or better) and earn a grade of “B” or better

CIS 420 (PL)

Computer Security Basics


Student must pass a two-part written and production final exam with a grade of 70% or better. Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course.


Fundamentals of Game Development


No other requirements


Microcomputer Hardware


Pass final exam with a score of 70% or better

CUL 17 (PL)

Principles of Food Preparation


Pass a two-part written and skills based exam (70% or better) administered at Chaffey. Pass a comprehensive exam with a "B" or better. Receive a ServSafe Certification and submit tuberculosis test results to Chaffey. Earn a grade "B"
or better in the course.

DRAFT 20 (Cx)

Computer-Aided Drafting and Design


Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course.

DRAFT 50 (Cx)

Architectural Design I


Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course.

EGTECH 10 (Cx)

Introduction to Engineering and Design


Earn a grade of “B or better in the course.

EGTECH 12 (Cx)

Principles of Engineering and Design


Earn a grade of “B” or better in the course.

EMT 405 (Cx)

First Responder for Emergency Medical Services


Submit Photocopy of the BLS for Health Care Providers, CPR Pro or AHA


Fire Protection and Organization


Pass 100-question Chaffey comprehensive exam or other department approved exam with 75% or better



Nursing Assistant Nursing Assistant Lab


Pass and earn a grade of "B" or better in course. Submit confirmation/ verification of passing State of California Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (both written and practical) within 90 days in order for student to
receive credit.



Nursing Assistant Skills Lab

Professional Development for the Nursing Assistant


Pass and earn a grade of "B" or better in course. Submit confirmation/ verification of passing State of California Certified Nursing Assistant Certification (both written and practical) within 90 days in order for student to
receive credit.

PHOTO 7 (Cx)

Beginning Photography


Pass comprehensive exam (70% or better). Submit portfolio equivalent to Chaffey standards