Online Support Center
Get access to live services during business hours below or on-demand information to get your question answered now!
|Join the virtual Student Service lines Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.||Schedule an appointment with a Counselor for in-depth counseling services such as educational planning, graduation checks, academic renewal, and more.|
|Schedule a future appointment with a General Counselor in Cranium Cafe.|
Access On-Demand Support 24/7 below
- To support the academic needs of our students, Chaffey College will be loaning laptops to students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete the Laptop Loaner Request Form found here to begin your request.
- Chromebook setup process
- Get started with office 365 for free
- Experiencing issues with your loaner laptop please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I get a Canvas account?
- Canvas accounts are created for all actively enrolled students at Chaffey. New and returning students receive Canvas access 2-weeks prior to their registered course start date(s).
- When will I have access to my classes in Canvas?
- Students will be given access to Canvas, two weeks before the start of the term. Students are able to access their courses in Canvas on the first day of instruction.
- I am on the waitlist for an online course that has started, what are the next steps?
- The student should email the instructor of the course and express continued interest in taking the class. Instructor emails can be found on Chaffey’s Employee Directory. If you cannot locate their email, most instructor emails are composed in the following format: email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) For online courses, instructors will typically wait after the first day to determine who has checked-in and how many seats may be available. They are encouraged to go in the order of the waitlist, but there is no guarantee that spots become available. Once the session has begun, the instructor in the one who manages their waitlists.
- I am trying to add an online course that has started, how do I receive an add code?
- The student should email the instructor of the course and express interest in taking the class. Instructor emails can be found on Chaffey’s Employee Directory. If you cannot locate their email, most instructor emails are composed in the following format: email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How do I access my school email?
- Any student registered in a credit class will be assigned a Chaffey email account. Once the account is created, the student will have access to that account via the MyChaffey Portal. Click on the Gmail icon on the portal and accept the terms of the account.
- How can I request help from the Distance Education office?
- Complete a Distance Education Support ticket for additional support from the distance education office. Tickets are usually answered within 24-48 hours.
- How do I make a counseling appointment?
- Counseling uses ConexED to meet with students online. Students can schedule an online counseling appointment by logging in to ConexED using the Chaffey icon when signing in, all students who have access to the MyChaffey portal will be able to use this service. Login to ConexED to schedule an appointment now!
- Can I see any counselor?
- Yes, students may see any counselor to receive assistance with educational planning and registration.
- If you are a part of a program such as DPS, EOPS, CalWORKs, or Athletics, you should schedule your appointments with the assigned counselors for your program.
- How often should I meet with a counselor?
- Students should first meet with a counselor when beginning their enrollment at Chaffey to discuss academic and career goals and to create an educational plan
- Students should continue to check in with a counselor at least 1-2 times per academic year to ensure they are making academic progress and to make any necessary updates to their educational plan.
- How do I get information about specific programs at Chaffey?
- Explore Chaffey’s Academic and Career Communities and Program Maps for easy access to information for specific major areas of study.
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- Apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
- Once your application is received you will receive additional information and instructions via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- When should I apply for financial aid?
- The FAFSA & California Dream Act Application are available October 1 for the following academic year.
- Priority filing for Cal Grant programs is March 2nd. Apply early!
- When will my financial aid be disbursed?
- Please review the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule online for a list of dates of disbursement.
- Disbursement schedule is tentative and subject to change. Funds will be available within 24 hours of the scheduled date, and no later than 5pm the following day.
- What happens to my financial aid if I drop some or all of my courses?
- The answer to this question varies on a case-by-case basis. You may be required to pay back all or part of your financial aid.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to drop courses after you have already received payment.
- Do I need to pay back my financial aid if I withdraw from my courses?
- Students will owe money back to the Federal Government and/or Chaffey College if the student receives funds and withdraws from all classes prior to completing 60% of the term.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to withdraw from your courses after you have already received payment.
- How do I obtain an Add Code?
- An Add Code is a 4-digit number that allows you to register for a class that is closed or requires instructor consent. You can obtain consent by contacting the instructor of the course. Once you receive an Add Code from your instructor, you will then register for the class on the MyChaffey Portal using Add Code Registration.
- If I register for classes before school starts, how much time do I have to pay my
- We have a 10-Day Drop for NonPayment policy. If you register less than 10 days before classes begin, all fees will be due prior to the first day of instruction for the term. For payment deadlines see the payment chart in the Schedule of Classes.
- I registered and paid for my classes and then dropped by the refund deadline. When
can I expect to receive my refund?
- You should receive your refund within 45 business days after the last day to add full-term classes (see the Schedule of Classes for specific dates). If you paid with cash or check, you will receive a check by mail. If you paid by credit card, your funds will be returned to your card.
- If I register but don’t pay for a class and then stop going, will I still be charged
for the class?
- Yes. As long as you are enrolled, you are holding up a seat in the class that could be used by another student. In order to avoid charges for a class, you must drop by the refund deadline. If you drop after the refund deadline, the fees will remain on your account and a financial hold will be placed on your student record. In addition, if past due fees remain unpaid your name will be submitted for payment intercept via the Franchise Tax Board.
- Review the appropriate term academic calendar for a list of add and drop dates.
- Do I need to complete orientation, placement, and an Educational Plan?
- Yes, all new students must complete the online orientation, placement, and an educational plan. If you do not complete these steps, you will receive a later registration date.
Visit the Chaffey Student Toolkit on Canvas. The purpose of the Chaffey Student Toolkit is to provide new and continuing Chaffey College students a simple, easy-to-access online space to learn about:
- Student Checklist
- Technology Access Information
- Chaffey College Resource Guide
- How-To Video Tutorials
- Your Success Team at Chaffey