Online Support Center
Registration Workshops Coming Soon!
Please check back to pre-register for workshops that will begin April 26th!
Get access to live services during business hours below or on-demand information to get your question answered now!
Join the virtual Student Service lines
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, and Counseling/GPS staff are here to serve you online via Qless! QLess is Chaffey’s way of you “getting in line,” it allows for you to see what offices are open and how long you will wait to speak with someone directly.
How it works:
- Select to join Chaffey’s Student Services Virtual Line
- Enter in your name, email address, and cell number
- Select the office you would like to connect with and "type of services"
- You'll receive a text to your mobile device with your status in the line and when a staff member can be with you
- When your turn is up, a staff member will meet with you via chat, phone, and/or video conferencing. This is determined based on your access to specific devices.
Admissions and Records
The Admissions and Records Office is available for the following types of services:
The Financial Aid Office is available for the following types of services:
The Counseling/GPS Office is available for the following types of services:
Meet with a Counselor
Schedule an appointment with a Counselor for in-depth counseling services such as educational planning, graduation checks, academic renewal, and more.
Access Chaffey On-Demand Resources and Support
Equip Yourself For Success!
Access to the right equipment and technology makes all the difference. Feel prepared knowing what type of hardware and software you need and know that Chaffey is here to help you!
Hardware and Software Technology You Need
Frequent and extended access to either a desktop or laptop computer, or a tablet that is equipped to support varied usage of software is ideal.
Reliable Internet and Compatible Browser. Reliable and extended access to the Internet is necessary to complete course work. The latest versions of Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari are all recommended browsers.
Feel like you don’t have access to the right technology? We are here to help!
To support the academic needs of our students, Chaffey College will be loaning chromebooks and WIFI Hotspots to students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Need to get connected with a loaner Chromebook? Complete the Chromebook/WIFI Hotspot Loan Program Reservation Form to begin your request!
- Chaffey is committed to your access to software you may need while completing course work. We have set up open virtual labs for students to access software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, and more! Learn how to login to a virtual lab.
Login and Access Your Chaffey Network!
At Chaffey we use specific systems to provide you with access to registration processes, online classes, and academic support. The following systems are those you have a username and password.
The MyChaffey Portal is the central place for students to access all systems at Chaffey. This is where Student Self-Service is located, which is where you register for classes, check your class schedule, grades, etc. Students have a dedicated LaunchPad to access student email, Canvas, and other academic services.
We use Canvas as our learning management platform, which connects you to your online course(s), instructor(s), and fellow classmates! From within Canvas you will be able to access and complete coursework, engage in discussion forums, participate in real-time meetings, and so much more! Once you login to the MyChaffey portal you will see the Canvas icon on your LaunchPad.
Any student registered in a credit class will be assigned a Chaffey email account. Once the account is created, the student will have access to that account via the MyChaffey Portal. Student emails are composed with your first name initial, last name, and last for digits of your student ID number. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, your student email uses the Google email interface for easy-to-use navigation.
Need additional support for the technology you need and systems we use at Chaffey? Here are some quick self-help guides and information on live support.
- To support the academic needs of our students, Chaffey College will be loaning chromebooks to students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete the Chromebook/WIFI Hotspot Loan Program Reservation Form to begin your request.
- Chromebook setup process
- 1st time Chromebook users - How To Login to your Chaffey chromebook.
- New Login for Chaffey College Chromebook - VIDEO
- Getting started on a Chromebook
- Revert Chrome OS Back
- Get started with office 365 for free
- Experiencing issues with your loaner chromebook please email email@example.com
- Chromebook Guest login - PDF
- Registered students are eligible for Office 365 Education for free, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams. Use your school (panther) email address to download. This service is available exclusively through the Microsoft website, learn how to get started with Office 365 for free!
- Access Horizon for extended access to Chaffey’s software programs via are student virtual labs. Learn how to use Horizon by following the guide, Access Chaffey’s Virtual Lab via Horizon.
Canvas Student Guides and Support
Canvas accounts are created for all actively enrolled students at Chaffey. New and returning students receive Canvas access 2-weeks prior to their registered course start date(s).
Students will be given access to Canvas, two weeks before the start of the term. Students are able to access their courses in Canvas on the first day of instruction.
- Chaffey has put together an Intro to Canvas course that contains tutorials and instructions to prepare students for using Canvas at Chaffey College. This resource is hosted using our Chaffey Canvas interface, it gives you a glimpse at what Canvas looks like and how to navigate it!
- Canvas also has direct resources and videos, feel free to check out the Canvas Student Guides.
- Visit the Chaffey Student Toolkit on Canvas. The purpose of the Chaffey Student Toolkit is to provide new and continuing Chaffey College students a simple, easy-to-access online space to learn about:
- Student Checklist
- Technology Access Information
- Chaffey College Resource Guide
- How-To Video Tutorials
- Your Success Team at Chaffey
- Our Success Centers are online! You can access any Success Center for tutoring help, workshop participation, and directed learning activities. If you are an active Chaffey student, you have access to these supports! Access the Online Success Center.
- The Chancellor’s Office has put together Student Readiness Tutorials to help debunk myths about online learning.
Access to Essential Student Services
Finding Registration and Payment Information
An Add Code is a 4-digit number that allows you to register for a class that is closed or requires instructor consent. You can obtain consent by contacting the instructor of the course. Once you receive an Add Code from your instructor, you will then register for the class on the MyChaffey Portal using Add Code Registration.
We have a 10-Day Drop for NonPayment policy. If you register less than 10 days before classes begin, all fees will be due prior to the first day of instruction for the term. For payment deadlines see the payment chart in the Schedule of Classes.
- Yes. As long as you are enrolled, you are holding up a seat in the class that could be used by another student. In order to avoid charges for a class, you must drop by the refund deadline. If you drop after the refund deadline, the fees will remain on your account and a financial hold will be placed on your student record. In addition, if past due fees remain unpaid your name will be submitted for payment intercept via the Franchise Tax Board.
- Review the appropriate term academic calendar for a list of add and drop dates.
Receiving Your Financial Aid
- Apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
- Once your application is received you will receive additional information and instructions via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- The FAFSA & California Dream Act Application are available October 1 for the following academic year.
- Priority filing for Cal Grant programs is March 2nd. Apply early!
- Please review the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule online for a list of dates of disbursement.
- Disbursement schedule is tentative and subject to change. Funds will be available within 24 hours of the scheduled date, and no later than 5pm the following day.
- The answer to this question varies on a case-by-case basis. You may be required to pay back all or part of your financial aid.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to drop courses after you have already received payment.
- Students will owe money back to the Federal Government and/or Chaffey College if the student receives funds and withdraws from all classes prior to completing 60% of the term.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to withdraw from your courses after you have already received payment.
Connecting with a Counselor
Counseling uses ConexED to meet with students online. Students can schedule an online counseling appointment by logging in to ConexED using the Chaffey icon when signing in, all students who have access to the MyChaffey portal will be able to use this service. Login to ConexED to schedule an appointment now!
- Yes, students may see any counselor to receive assistance with educational planning and registration.
- If you are a part of a program such as DPS, EOPS, CalWORKs, or Athletics, you should schedule your appointments with the assigned counselors for your program.
- Students should first meet with a counselor when beginning their enrollment at Chaffey to discuss academic and career goals and to create an educational plan
- Students should continue to check in with a counselor at least 1-2 times per academic year to ensure they are making academic progress and to make any necessary updates to their educational plan.
- Explore Chaffey’s Academic and Career Communities and Program Maps for easy access to information for specific major areas of study.