International Education Week
What is International Education Week?
International Education Week (November 16-20, 2020) is a national week of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education that celebrates the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative is an effort to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.
Each year, the International Student Center participates in this national celebration by planning a week full of programs and activities that highlight global engagement and the interaction of various cultures via student and faculty exchanges worldwide. Examples of some of these programs and events have included: a Flag Parade, Fashion Show, Live International Music, Food, and Cultural Fair. This year, the International Student Center will continue this tradition with virtual online events.
Events for International Education Week:
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020 – 12-1:30PM – International Student Panel (see attached flyer)
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 3-5PM – International Education Celebration (Zoom Link: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/2629012207)
Please join us as we celebrate International Education
- International Student Presentations
- Attend to enter opportunity drawing
Every human culture has music, just as each has language. Music is an expressive language of culture and is a universal feature of the human experience.
- Check out the Tunes from Around the World page as we feature the Chaffey College community's favorite international music through our Chaffey International Education Week 2020 Spotify Playlist!
- Please submit your own songs to this link for consideration to be added!
Food brings people together and it functions as an expression of cultural identity. Throughout history humans have brought the food of their countries with them wherever they go and cooking traditional food is a way of preserving their culture when they move to new places.
- Check out the Tastes from Around the World page as we feature the Chaffey College community's favorite international food through our Chaffey International Digital Cookbook!
- Please submit your own recipes to this link for consideration to be added!
The saying goes that “every picture tells a story” and storytelling is the cultural practice of sharing stories with others. While photography is an artform, it is become an integral part of storytelling too.
- Check out the Images from Around the World: Photo Contest page for more details on the photo contest rules and dates!
- Please submit your own photo(s) to this link for consideration!