Free career assessments are available for you to learn what college majors and careers fit you best.
Focus2Career is an online, self-guided, career assessment that will help you make decisions about future career goals and your educational plan. Watch this video to learn more.
Focus2Career helps you:
- Identify potential college majors and careers based on your interests, personality and values
- Explore suggested majors and navigate career options to make informed decisions
Upon completion of the assessments, meet with a career counselor to review your results
in more depth and solidify your goals.
Access Focus2Career by logging into MyChaffeyPortal and follow these steps:
- Click on Focus2Career icon on the LaunchPad
- Click on the instructions located in the upper right corner
- Focus2Career Student Guide
How to best use Focus2Career:
- There are a total of eight self assessments that require approximately 20 minutes to complete
- Once you complete each assessment, combine and review your results
- Explore occupations and majors. Look for majors that match those at Chaffey College
- Save occupations and majors you are interested in. Unsaved information will not appear in your portfolio
- Schedule an online counseling appointment with a Career Counselor to discuss your results and begin planning your future
MBTI and Strong Interest Inventory Career Assessments
These assessments link your personality preferences and interests to career options in more depth than Focus2Career.
The MBTI or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator explores your preference for where you get energy, how you take in information, how you make decisions and how you approach life - it links these preferences to specific career titles that best match your personality type
The Strong Interest Inventory matches your interests to career and educational areas.
To take the MBTI/Strong assessments:
- Send an email to email@example.com with subject line MBTI/Strong Assessment Request
- You will receive an email with a link to take both assessments
- Upon completion of the assessments, schedule an online appointment with a career counselor for an interpretation of your results
My Next Move
My Next Move is a quick assessment that asks you questions about your work interests. Results are linked to specific position titles that best align with your responses. Visit MyNextMove to complete the assessment.
After completing a career assessment, we recommend you meet with a career counselor to review your results and receive assistance with making decisions about your college major and career path. Schedule an online counseling appointment with a career counselor through Cranium.