Dual Enrollment

Students listen during a biology class at the Chaffey College Fontana campus.

You can start your college journey now, even if you’re still in high school. Through Chaffey College’s dual enrollment program, you can take college courses either on your high school campus or at Chaffey College. 

Why should you pursue dual enrollment?

  • You can earn high school and college credit at the same time
  • CSU and UCs rarely accept AP courses for core degree and general education requirements so play it safe by taking real college courses through dual enrollment
  • You can get started on your degree requirements for Cal State and University of California schools 
  • You can experience college life
  • You can receive specialized counseling with specialized Dual Enrollment Counselors


 Eligibility and Restrictions

To be eligible for dual enrollment, students must:

  • Be in the 9th through 12th grade
  • All Dual Enrollment students may enroll in up to 11 units for Fall and Spring and 6 units in Summer.    
  • PLEASE NOTE: Students who choose to register for 12 or more units will be responsible for payment of all fees.   



Students who do not meet the grade-level requirement may submit an appeal to the Appeals Committee with this appeal form.

  • Students must submit a dual enrollment e-agreement for the term requested in the appeal.
  •  Submitting an appeal does not guarantee approval
  • A separate appeal is required for each semester/term of enrollment
  • The decision of the Appeal Committee is final


 Dual Enrollment Step-by-Step Process

Review Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 Calendar for Session/Registration Dates and Deadlines

New students start here:

  1. Apply for student ID number at: 
    • Within 72 hrs. of applying (3 business days) you will receive an email with your Chaffey College student ID number. 
  1.  Complete the Dual Enrollment Orientation online.
  2. Complete the placement process, if applicable.
  • Placement in math or English is only required if either math or English is a prerequisite for the selected course. 

You may complete the placement process at the end of the Dual Enrollment Orientation or if you did not complete the placement at the end of the Orientation, you may do so through this Placement Process.


Returning students start here:

      4. Review the schedule of classes.

    • Determine which college courses to take by discussing them with your high school counselor.

      5. Submit high school transcripts from Parchment if applicable.

      6. Complete either the,


- Spring 2021 Dual Enrollment E-Agreement

- Summer 2021 Dual Enrollment E-Agreement

- Fall 2021 Dual Enrollment E-Agreement


  • When entering Chaffey College ID use only the seven-digit number, no letters.
  • Students can take up to 11 units.  
  • The site principal or administrative designee will review, accept and make changes to course requests..
  • An email confirmation will be sent when the site principal or administrative designee has submitted verification, including any changes with a rationale for student/parent. Please allow 3 business days for the request to be processed.

       7. Change or add courses after submitting the Dual Enrollment E-Agreement using the Change of Recommended Courses Form.

    • You may not resubmit the Dual Enrollment E-Agreement form if you wish to add classes not originally indicated. 
    • If you wish to add or change classes originally indicated, please complete the Change of Recommended Courses Form

       8. Check your MyChaffey portal for your registration date and time.  

    • Register online for approved courses on or after your registration date.  

       9. Pay any required fees and purchase/rent textbooks at the Campus Bookstore once you have registered.

      10. When courses are complete use the Transcript Ordering Services from Chaffey College and submit to the high school. 

If you have specific questions for admissions and records you can speak to someone virtually at: https://kiosk.na4.qless.com/kiosk/app/home/82

Frequently Asked Questions


No. The UC and CSU admissions offices weigh California Community College courses that meet A-G requirements on a 5.0 scale and are contractually required to accept courses listed at Assist.org for degree and general education requirements. The UC and CSU systems are not contractually required to accept AP and Honors courses for degree and general education requirements.

The UC Doorways website has a list of which Chaffey College courses meet A-G requirements. Because that list was last updated in 2014, you may find more current course options in the list of IGETC UC/CSU general education requirements at Assist.org.

Each K-12 district must make its own determination about which college courses they choose to allow to meet which graduation requirements. Meet with your counselor or assistant principal of instruction to learn more about which courses your K-12 district will accept for core graduation requirements.

The UC and CSU admission offices will weigh any community college courses taken that meet A-G requirements on a 5.0 scale. If your local high school has not provided a 5.0 scale for these courses, the UC and CSU admission offices will recalculate the GPA from your K-12 district transcript to reflect the 5.0 scale for A-G courses.

While every student’s academic path is unique, we recommend Guidance 3: Career Exploration and Life Planning as a great starting point for your college career. You will have a full semester of contact with a college counselor in this class from whom you can ask questions about college pathways and who can help acclimate you to the college experience. This course also meets area G in A-G as well as a core CSU general education requirement in “Lifelong Learning and Self Development.”

In rare cases, if the K-12 district and the college deem the student’s case valid for admission, a middle school student may attend Chaffey College. Middle school students and their parents must complete the same agreement form paperwork as high school students in order to take college courses. This means that a middle school principal or designee (usually a counselor) must sign to endorse the participation of the student in college courses. Additionally, the student must complete an appeal, which will include a letter from the child’s K-12 district advocating for the child’s participation in college. A Chaffey College appeal committee will make the final determination regarding the child’s participation in college.


For questions about the enrollment process or if you are encountering challenges contact,
Candice Brock
Administrative Assistant II
Phone: (909) 652-6154
Email: dual.enrollment@chaffey.edu 

To make an appointment with a counselor to make an educational plan and choose courses, please use the Cranium Card Dual Enrollment Counselor Scheduler