Directed Learning Activities
APA Reference List
Audience and Persuasion (Ads courtesy of Adflip)
- Ad: Tiffany & Co.
- Ad: KRACO
- Ad: Jack Daniel's
- Screen Reader Versions of the Ads: Tiffany & Co. KRACO, Jack Daniel's
- Video: The Art of Rhetoric: Persuasive Techniques in Advertising (Courtesy of Daniel Kuglich and ReadWrite Think.org, a website developed by the International Reading Association and the National Council of Teachers of English with support from the Verizon Foundation)
- Screen Reader Version of The Art of Rhetoric: Persuasive Techniques in Advertising
Avoiding Plagiarism (webpages courtesy of the Purdue OWL)
- "Overview and Contradictions" and "Intellectual Challenges in American Academic Writing"
- "Is It Plagiarism Yet?"
- "Safe Practices"
- "Plagiarism Exercise"
English as a Second Language (ESL) DLAs
Evaluating Online Resources
Hope and Goal Setting
Purpose, Audience, Tone (SOAPSTone)
Research Paper Thesis
- "Developing a Research Thesis"
- "Sheridan Baker Thesis Machine" (Courtesy of CSULB's Writer's Resource Lab)
Summary Skills for Academic Writing
- Summary Skills DLA PowerPoint
- Accessible Version of Summary Skills DLA PowerPoint
- Article: "Social Entrepreneurship"
Time Management & the Writing Process
- Time Management & the Writing Process PowerPoint
- Accessible Version of Time Management & the Writing Process PowerPoint
- Video: Smooth: Writing Paragraph Transitions (Courtesy of Dan Sato and YouTube)
- Screen Reader Version of Smooth: Writing Paragraph Transitions