Chaffey Logo link


Career Center Home

Helpful Links

Site Navigation

Contact Us:

Career Center
MACC-203 (Rancho)

Phone: (909) 652-6511
Fax: (909) 652-6515

Connect with Us:

Chaffey Connect



Career Center

MACC 203 (Rancho Campus)
Walk-in Services and Appointments Available

Student Employees

The Student Employment Office assists new student employees with initial hiring paperwork, form update processing (payroll, W-4, emergency contact, etc...), and employment verifications.

The following information is provided for new student employees that have received an official offer of employment only. Please DO NOT proceed if you have not been contacted directly by the Student Employment Office regarding the hiring procedures.

Before you can begin employment you must complete specific employment documentation (forms) as required by federal and district mandates. Additionally, the Chaffey Community College District is required to provide you with a variety of job-related information and district policies.

In addition to the employment documentation, all new employees are required to submit documents that meet the following requirements:

Federal Requirement: As a new employee (citizen or noncitizen), you must present unexpired documentation that (1) establishes your identity and (2) establishes your employment authorization. The documentation will be used to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9), which is available for your review in the information packet. Please review the "Lists of Acceptable Documents" in the Document File below (page 5) and submit either one document from List A (such as a U.S. Passport, permanent resident card, etc...), OR both a document from List B (such as a driver's license, ID card, school ID, etc...) and a document from List C (such as a social security card, birth certificate, etc...).

District Requirement: The Chaffey Community College district has a long-standing past practice of verifying social security information by requiring new employees to present their signed social security cards. Therefore, you are required to present your social security card when submitting your employment documents (NOTE: social security cards are also an acceptable List C document for the federal requirement mentioned above).

Copies will be made of all presented documentation and retained in your confidential personnel file. If you do not possess one or more of the required documents above please contact the Student Employment Office at (909) 652-6511 to discuss alternatives.

International students must notify the Coordinator of the International Student Office in order to begin the process of obtaining a social security card, and will also need to bring in a foreign passport, I-94 card or printout and Form I-20 when submitting documents to the Student Employment Office.

Minors, who are under 18 years of age, must complete and submit the "Certificate of Age" form in the Information Packet below (pages 23-24) which requires a signature from the minor's legal guardian.

Finally, any employee that would like to request
direct deposit (electronic funds transfer), must also bring in a voided check or banking institution printout (online printouts are also acceptable) that specifies the bank's 9-digit transit number and the appropriate account number. (NOTE: All employees are encouraged to set up direct deposit and Higher One, the financial services company used for financial aid disbursements, may also be used for payroll direct deposits.)

There are two methods by which you may complete the required employment documentation:

Method 1: Complete and print the employment documentation from home and deliver it to the Student Employment Office.

If you have a computer with quality printing capability, then you may complete the document packets below from home. Adobe Reader is required to view the documents. You will be able to download, fill in, and print the documents, but you may not be able to save content entered into the forms. For your convenience, data form fields have been provided and all required fields have been highlighted in yellow.

You must complete and print
all documents in the "Student Employment Document File" and print only page one of the "Student Employment Information Packet". Altogether, you will only need to print 11-13 pages.

When completed, you will need to submit the printed employment documents
in person at the Student Employment Office. A staff member will verify that all documents have been submitted and make copies of the documents you present to meet the federal and district requirements above. If requesting direct deposit, a staff member will also receive your voided check or banking institution printout at that time.

Method 2: Complete and print the employment documentation at the Student Employment Office.

If you are not able to open, view, and/or print the document packets, or need assistance filling out the forms, then you may complete the required employment documentation at the Student Employment Office instead. Please remember to also bring the documentation required to meet the federal and district requirements above, and if requesting direct deposit, also bring a voided check or banking institution printout.

Hiring Documents

Student Employment Document File

Student Employment Information Packet

Rev. 10/6/17

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.

Back to Top