The Career Center recognizes the importance of collaborating with our faculty to bring our career services into the classroom. From classroom presentations to extra credit and assignment ideas, we got you covered!
Classroom Presentation Request
To request a Career Center Classroom presentation, please click on the link below and fill out the request form.
Focus2Career Faculty Uses:
- Access occupations linked to your specific discipline by using What can I do with a major at Chaffey
- Explore occupational and major specific information to share with students
- Assign students career and research activities to learn more about the pathways within your discipline
How to access:
- Logon to MyChaffey portal and click on Focus2Career on the Launchpad
- Use the overview description below to paste into a course syllabus
Focus2Career is an online, self-guided, career assessment tool system designed to help students make decisions about future career goals and their education plan. Focus2Career assists students to:
- Identify good fits for college majors and careers based on their interests, personality and values
- Learn about majors offered at Chaffey College and possible occupations
- Explore suggested majors and navigate career options to make informed decisions
Access Focus2Career by logging into MyChaffeyPortal and then click on Focus2Career on the LaunchPad
Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help students improve their interview technique and build confidence, and it can be integrated into instruction!
Big Interview for students includes:
· Challenging virtual mock interview questions for all experience levels and various
· A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
· The ability to rate and share interview answers for feedback
· Comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
As a Faculty member, using Big Interview allows you to:
· Integrate interview curriculum into your courses
· Create your own custom sets of interview questions to fit your program and students
· Create an interview assignment
· Upload and record your own interview questions!- We are so excited for you to do this part!
Here are some overview videos for you to learn more:
To access your own Big Interview account:
- Go to chaffey.biginterview.com and click on Register at the top right corner
- Use your Chaffey email and enter your name and a password and click Create my Account
- You will receive a confirmation email. Click Verify in the email and you will be able
to start using Big Interview
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request administrative faculty access
You are welcome to start creating assignments, custom sets and referring students to use Big Interview.
Here is some helpful information on how to create your own assignment. https://support.biginterview.com/en/article/creating-an-assignment-qhny7/
Please note there is also an app so, students are able to download the app on a smart device to be able to record videos if they do not have a webcam.
- Assignment ideas list
- Please contact Wendy Whitney, email@example.com or Kristen Burleson, firstname.lastname@example.org to collaborate on additional ideas.