Veterans Shopping Sheet Information

Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA education benefits. To ensure compliance with the law, we have developed the Shopping Sheet Information for Student Veterans/Veteran’s Dependents.

Explore More Veterans Benefits

Chaffey College is committed to welcoming and recognizing the accomplishments of veterans. We know your military experience and unique perspectives are valuable assets in the classroom for you and other students.


Estimated cost of courses including tuition, fees, books, supplies, other additional costs.

The cost of tuition and fees are different if a student is a CA resident or an out of state student. For information on the estimated cost, please visit College Navigator - National Center for Education Statistics. Please note that your final cost depends on you receiving VA benefits to cover for tuition and fees, books/supplies, and housing allowance; any aid to cover for the cost; taking extra courses such as prerequisites; retaking a failed course; changing your program of study which requires more or less credits, change in cost of living; a change in tuition/fees as approved by State Legislature, etc. Students should also visit Chaffey College's web site for tuition/fees/and refund policies

Estimated cost of living expenses

Students can look up the estimated cost of living expenses by visiting our Financial Aid (FA) website. Need Determined.

Amount of cost covered by VA benefits.

Only Chapter 33 recipients may be entitled to a percentage of the following VA Educational Benefits based on your length of Service:

  • Cost of tuition and fees for an in-State student (paid to the school and prorated based on the eligibility percentage)
  • Monthly housing allowance equal to the basic allowance for housing payable to a military E-5 with dependents, in the same zip code as your school (paid to the student and prorated based on training time and the eligibility percentage)
  • Yearly book and supply stipend of up to $1000 per year (paid to the student @ $41.67 per unit and prorated based on the eligibility percentage) VA benefit recipients can visit the following pages for information regarding VA benefits, what are covered by VA and what are not.


Students can search by college to determine estimated GI Bill® benefits, housing allowance and book stipend using the GI Bill® Comparison Tool

Other VA benefit recipients may receive assistance allowances based on training time. Students can view the pay rate on the VA website.

Federal Financial Aid

Types of Federal financial aid offered by the institution, that the student may be qualified to receive. Students using veteran education benefits are encouraged to apply for financial aid online at to be considered for federal, state, and institution grants, as well as scholarships Chaffey College School Code is 001163. Students can request for a Professional Judgement appeal if there is a reduction in income due to COVID or circumstances beyond students’ control. Student should also check the College Financing Plan on the MyChaffeyPortal for information regarding their financial aid package. Be sure to visit the Chaffey College Financial Aid page for available aid offers. For further assistance please contact the Financial Aid Office at 909-652-6150, or email us at or connect virtually via Qless.

Student Loans

Estimated amount of student loan debt upon completion of a degree or certificate. Students should borrow responsibly. This means only borrowing what you need. Students may borrow (if eligible), between $5,500 to $10,500 per year, depending on grade level in school and your dependency status. Please visit the Chaffey College Financial Aid website for additional Student Loan information. Use My Federal Student Aid account or the National Student Loan Date System to find out how much you own in federal loans.

Graduation Rates for Chaffey College

Students can access the graduation rates Chaffey College using College Navigator-National Center for Education Statistics

Transfer credits including military credits.

Students receiving VA education benefits are required to submit their college transcripts/military credits no later than the end of their first semester. All students need to meet with a counselor to determine the process for verification of credits and how those credits are applied to their educational goals.

Program requirements

Program requirements or examinations that are required to obtain a license, certification or approval for which the course of education prepares the individual. Students can visit the Academic and Career Commuities webpage for information about specific program requirements.

Additional Costs

Further information on costs, academic requirements, services available to students can be found on our Financial Aid webpage.

Requirements for in-state tuition

Students eligible for GI Bill® educational benefits including the Montgomery GI Bill®–Active Duty program (Chapter 30), the Veterans Readiness and Employment program (formerly called Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) (Chapter 31), or the Post-9/11 GI Bill® program (Chapter 33) are exempt from paying nonresident tuition regardless of when the veteran separated from the military by filling out the Non-resident Tuition Exemption Request for Military form.

Students must visit our Veteran Services webpage for information how to update their residency status or request for exemption.

Enrollment Certification

Certification for VA Education Benefits each semester is not automatic. Students who wish to receive benefits must complete all required paperwork with the SCO and must submit the enrollment certification request form every semester after signing up for your classes in order to continue receiving benefits and to prevent delays in payment of benefits. If Enrollment Certification Request form is not submitted to our office, we will assume that the student does not wish to receive the benefit or is no longer attending, and the benefits will discontinue into the next semester. The Enrollment Certification Form is automatically sent to the SCO once it is completed online.

Absence due to Military Service

A student who is an active duty or reservist of the United States military, and who receive orders compelling a withdrawal from courses, should submit an ADD/DROP petition to the Admissions and Records Office, requesting a Military Withdrawal (MW), with proof of such orders to receive a full refund of those courses (For Chapter 33 students, the school will return the tuition and fees to the VA). An “MW” symbol will be assigned and will not be counted in progress probation, dismissal calculations, or in calculating the permitted number of withdrawals a student is allowed. Student can resubmit the application for admission upon return.

Students who are receiving the VA benefit along with financial aid should be aware that withdrawing from a course(s) will have an impact on their benefit/financial aid status. Students are strongly encouraged to talk to the Financial Aid Department and the School Certifying Official.

VA benefits will stop as of the drop date reported for all classes. Students will be responsible to repaying VA the funds received for such course(s), (BAH/Monthly assistance allowance), or submitting a Mitigating Circumstance to the VA.

If you are a Cal Grant recipient and have been called to active military duty, are entering military service, Peace Corps or VISTA, you may apply for a deferment of your Cal Grant for up to three years. Send the Military Deferment Request Cal Grant Programs form to the California Student Aid Commission, along with a copy of your orders.

More information about dropping can be found on the Admissions Policies page.

Contact information