The digital media program prepares students for careers in web design, graphic design, motion graphics, sound design and interactive multimedia. Both degrees and certificates are offered in three separate digital media career field emphases.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of these programs, students should be able to:
- Communicate about the history, theories, disciplines and practices of the visual arts.
- Engage creativity and original thinking in the study of visual art.
- Know and apply technical skills, concepts, research practices and technologies in the creation of written and/or visual products.
- Know and apply critical thinking and technical skills in the creation, analysis and interpretation of visual art in written, verbal or visual format.
- Recognize and respect diverse individuals, social forces, and ideologies of the world’s cultures through the study of visual art.