The Chaffey College Vocational Nursing program has been accredited by the BVNPT since 1955 and serves our communities by preparing students for rewarding careers through hands-on classes, labs, simulation, and clinical experiences at health care facilities. Supportive faculty with expertise in all clinical areas work closely with students to assist them in achieving their career goals. Licensed vocational nurses provide compassionate care to patients in many areas including acute and long-term care facilities, doctors' offices, and urgent care centers. As the U.S. population ages, demand for vocational nurses continues to increase. According to California EDD Labor Market Data for 2020, Licensed Vocational Nurses can expect to earn between $52,000 and $70,000 annually.
VN Information Session PowerPoint - Coming Soon!
Dates Time Location August 30, 2021 1:00pm - 2:30pm Register Here October 4, 2021 10:00am – 11:30am Register Here December 6, 2021 5:00pm – 6:30pm Register Here
- Arrive on time. Zoom meetings will close 10 minutes after starting time
- Times and dates are subject to change
- You do not have to be enrolled at Chaffey College to attend
- Transcript-specific questions cannot be answered at the information sessions. Individual questions, such as equivalency of courses, units, etc. can be answered best in an individual appointment with one of our counselors.
- Questions about the VN Program information session can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission to the VN Program
- BIOL 424 or equivalent – Human Anatomy/Physiology or BIOL 20 Human Anatomy AND BIOL 22 Human Physiology or equivalents must be completed or in progress with a minimum grade of C. Biology course(s) may not be over five years at the time of application to the VN Program.
- Current California certified nursing assistant (attach a photocopy of the CNA State certification to your application), or equivalent with minimum grades of C or P. OR NURADN 6 or higher.
- Must have high school transcript, GED, or equivalent on file in Chaffey College’s Admissions & Records Department.
- American Heart Association BLS/CPR certification for healthcare providers, must be current (must be renewed annually).
- The evaluation period will begin on September 7th, 2021 – October 22nd, 2021. Please read the VN Program application instructions or meet with a Chaffey College Counselor for more information.
- Students applying during the October application period must have all prerequisite courses completed.
- Students applying during the March application period may have “in progress” coursework at the time of application.
- All documents, must be received no later than the last business day of the current application period.
- Student applicants will be chosen through a random selection process. For more information, please attend an Information Session.
- Students who take foundational courses fare better in nursing courses once accepted into either program. Some courses include: Medical Terminology, English Composition, Interpersonal Communication, Gerontology coursework. For more information on courses, please make an appointment with a Chaffey College Counselor.
Application Process & Forms
Tuesday, September 7th through Friday, October 22nd at 4:00pm
VN Application Form - This form will be LIVE 9/13/21 at 12:05 am through 10/29/21 at 11:59 pm only.
- Due to limited staffing, we cannot provide status inquiries during the application period. Applicants will be notified of their application status via email by November 12th, 2021. If you do not receive any information about your application status by that date you may contact the VN program at email@example.com.
Explore Your Programs Degree/Certificate Options
Must be admitted into the VN program before taking these courses.
Vocational Nursing Advanced Placement
Contact Shelley Eckvahl, the VN program coordinator for evaluation of nursing course work. Transfer students must meet all prerequisites for the VN program.
- VN Powerpoint
- Health examination form
- Student handbook
Health Sciences Department
Director, Coordinator VN Program
Assistant Director, Instructor, VN Program
- Rancho Mesa
9333 La Mesa Drive
Alta Loma, CA 91710
- Route 66 Post Acute
638 E. Colorado
Glendora, CA 91740
- Brookside Healthcare
1875 Barton Road
Redlands, CA 92373
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
440 N. Pepper Ave
Colton, CA 92324
- San Antonio Post Acute
867 East 11th Street
Upland, CA 91786
- Inland Christian Home
1950 South Mountain
Ontario, CA 91762
- Kindred Hospital
550 N. Monterey
Ontario, CA 91764
- Mount San Antonio Gardens
900 East Harrison
Pomona, CA 91767
- Totally Kids Rehabilitation
1720 Mountain View Avenue
Loma Linda, CA 92354
- Inland Valley Center
250 West Artesia
Pomona, CA 91766