Certified Nursing Assistant
The Nurse Assistant Program at Chaffey College is approved by the Department of Public Health, State of California (CDPH), following Title 22 regulations. The program is designed to teach the necessary information and skills to take the National Nursing Assistant Assessment Program (NNAAP) state certification test, taking the program does not certify the student. To enroll in the CNA course, students must be 16 years old. The class is taught in English and there are lectures, group activities, skills lab demonstrations and practice on patient care skills and assessments of progress (tests/quizzes and return demonstrations). Students must attend an information session, mandatory orientation, complete fingerprinting, have a physical, immunizations and clear urine drug screen.
Certified nursing assistant jobs are expected increase by 19 percent through 2022 in the Inland Empire, according to a Centers of Excellence study. Would you like to be part of a high-demand profession that allows you to help others? Consider the certified nursing assistant program.
In this profession, you will assist ill or recovering patients with their healthcare needs. The registered nurse or licensed practical nurse assigns duties to the certified nursing assistant depending on the needs of the patient. These duties can be providing basic care or assisting in daily activities patients have trouble with, such as bathing, grooming and toileting. CNAs often work in a wide variety of settings such as nursing homes, hospitals, adult day care centers, personal homes, assisted living facilities and more than 30 other facility types.
Programs are approved by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), therefore it is required to take and pass the state testing at the completion of the full-time or part-time program options. Chaffey College offers on-site testing by a state approved testing agency, for a fee.
- CNA full-time program- Students are enrolled in a 10-week program held at the Chaffey College Chino Campus. Classes are typically scheduled during the daytime & weekends. Mandatory clinicals are scheduled on Saturday & Sundays at a local skilled nursing facility approved by the CDPH.
- CNA part-time program- Students are enrolled in an 18-week program held at the Chaffey College Fontana Campus. Classes are typically scheduled during the afternoon/evening hours, allowing more schedule flexibility for working individuals or high school students. Mandatory clinicals are scheduled on Saturdays at a local skilled nursing facility approved by CDPH.
Please check back in August 2023 for more information on the Fall information sessions. The next CNA cohort will begin in January 2024.
- Arrive on time. Zoom meetings will close 10 minutes after starting time.
- Times and dates are subject to change.
- You do not have to be enrolled at Chaffey College to attend.
- Questions about the CNA information session can be directed to email@example.com.
Admissions to the Program:
- Must attend a CNA Information Session
- Must be 16 years old. Please complete the Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement upon applying to Chaffey College
- Apply to Chaffey College to become a student (must have a student ID number to submit a CNA application.)
- Complete health requirements – More information given at the Information Session, personal health insurance check
- Clear drug screen – More information given at the Information Session
- Clear background check – More information given at the Information Session
Student applicants will be chosen from a random process when the application period ends. For more information, please attend an Information Session.
Application Process & Forms
The application period for Summer 2023 will be January 26th – March 24th, 2023.
The application period for Fall 2023 will be January 26th - April 14th, 2023.
CNA Application Form
The application link will be emailed to students that have attended a mandatory Information Session. Students that are interested in applying to the program MUST attend a mandatory Information Session.
Due to limited staffing, we cannot provide status inquiries during the application period. Applicants will be notified of their application status within 1 week of the application's closing date. If you do not receive information via email by that time, you may contact the CNA program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STUDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE AND ASKED TO ATTEND THE MANDATORY NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION. During the orientation students will be asked to complete health screening requirements, CPR certification, drug screening, and background clearance before the first day of classes.
|Maroon Scrub Top||$15.50|
|Black Scrub Pants||$15.50|
CNA Kit (includes blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, gait belt, bath basin, bedpan, silicone band watch, and tote bag.)
|CNA State Exam Testing Fee||$120.00|
|Health Screening Requirements||$130.00|
Certified Nursing Assistant program