Chaffey College's Dental Assisting program provides a quality education that prepares students to become competent, skilled professionals in a healthcare setting in two semesters. Students will be exposed to internships to gain necessary skills to be successful in the dental field. The Dental Assisting program offers both a Certificate in Dental Assisting and with additional course work, an Associates in Arts degree in Dental Assisting. Upon completion of the program, students are eligible to take the State and National board examinations. Our program is accredited by the Dental Board of California and the Commission of Dental Accreditation.
Traditionally the program is two semesters. The cost of the program is approximately $800 per semester.
You will not be admitted to the Zoom Meeting if you are more than 10 minutes late.
|Wednesday, Jan 25th, 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, Feb 8th, 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, Mar 8th, 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, Apr 19th, 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, May 3rd 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
|Wednesday, May 17th, 2023||4:00pm – 5:00pm||Join Zoom Meeting|
- Dental Assisting Application Checklist
- Dental Assisting Application filing period will be May 1st to May 30th.
We normally accepted 24 students into the program per year.
Below is a list of deadlines:
- Mandatory Orientation will be the second Thursday in June.
- Random selection will happen at the Mandatory Orientation to determine acceptance.
- Students will have until July 3rd to sign up for American Databank, complete their CPR certification, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Students will have until August 29th to complete all immunizations requirements.
- Registration codes will be given on August 2nd or when all documents have been confirmed.
If you need additional information, we can set up a One-on-One meeting.
Explore Your Programs Degree/Certificate Options
Upon completion of the Registered Dental Assisting Program you will acquire a Dental Assisting Certificate of Completion, the California Radiation Safety Certificate, Pit and Fissure Certificate and the Coronal Polishing Certificate (must pass RDA Examination to activate).
The program gives students access to:
- Supervised practice sessions at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. Students work with student dentists and experience using techniques and skills required to be a successful dental team member.
- Internships at local dental offices where students will receive practical, hands-on experience.
- Community interaction such as delivering presentations to help educate school children about oral hygiene and nutrition
- Meeting with local dentists for career advisement.
- Eligibility to join the American Dental Assistants Association, California Dental Assistant Association, and Pomona Valley Dental Assistant Society.
Dental Assisting AS Program Map
Dental Assisting Certificate Program Map
Forms and Documents
Dental Assisting Application
Due to limited staffing, we cannot provide status inquiries during the application period. Applicants will be notified of their application status via email by June 3, 2023. If you do not receive information about your application status by June 3, 2023, you may contact the RDA program for a status inquiry.
- Dental Assisting Application Checklist
- RDA Student Handbook
- RDA Pregnancy Declaration
- Dental Viability Findings Report
- Final Dental Viability Findings Report
- Appendix Table of Contents
- Appendix 1, AP 4021
- Appendix 2, CODA February Report Letter
- Appendix 3, CODA Standards
- Appendix 4, Dental Assisting Needs Assessment
- Appendix 5, IR ESR Data
- Appendix 6, Public Forum Comments
- Appendix 7, PSR 2012-13
- Appendix 8, Advisory Minutes
- Appendix 9, IR Demographic 2014, 2015, 2017
- Appendix 10, January 2019 Scheduling Tool
- Appendix 11, AB2637
- Appendix 12, EPVR Committee Minutes
- Appendix 13, History of the Dental Assisting Program
- Appendix 20, Supplementary Evidence Collected
- Appendix DA EPVR 2018
Chaffey College’s dental assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678. The program is designed to prepare students for the Dental Assisting National Board examination to become Certified Dental Assistants as well as the RDA Combined Exam to earn the RDA license. The program is also approved by the Dental Board of California. This one-year full-time program begins each fall.