A Centers of Excellence study estimated more than 3,500 dental assisting jobs would become available between 2017 and 2022 in the Inland Empire and desert regions. That’s an increase of 14 percent. So if you’re considering this field, you’ll be in high demand.
Traditionally the program is two semesters. COVID has delayed our schedule. The cost of the program is approximately $800 per semester.
Scheduled once a month on the 4th Thursday of each month via Zoom. Dates and link below.
We normally accepted 24 students into the program per year. Due to COVID we have reduced class size to be compliant with county orders.
Below is a list of deadlines:
- Application filing period will be May 1st to May 30th.
- Mandatory Orientation will be the second Thursday in June.
- Random selection will happen at the Mandatory Orientation to determine acceptance.
- Students will have until July 2nd to sign up for Castle Branch and competed their CPR, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Students will have until July 15th to complete all immunizations requirements.
- Registration codes will be given on August 2nd or when all documents have been confirmed.
If you need additional information, we can set up a One-on-One meeting.
Topic: Information Session
Every month on the Fourth Thursday, until Jun 24, 2021, 6 occurrence(s)
- Jan 28, 2021 04:30 PM
- Feb 25, 2021 04:30 PM
- Mar 25, 2021 04:30 PM
- Apr 22, 2021 04:30 PM
- May 27, 2021 04:30 PM
- Jun 24, 2021 04:30 PM
Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system. Monthly: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/meeting/tJMkdOGtrzguGddbL3lB3lpwUDDvbY8jPz5s/ics?icsToken=98tyKuCvpzgiH9WWtBqERowEHYjCWe_zmHZbjadZnjO2DwIAbhPhA8ZmJLBGSNLg
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/j/97938513433
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +16699006833,97938513433# or +13462487799,97938513433#
Or Telephone: Dial:+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll); +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll); +1 253 215
8782 (US Toll); +1 646 876 9923 (US Toll); +1 301 715 8592 (US Toll); +1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 979 3851 3433
International numbers available: https://cccconfer.zoom.us/u/adVg5fhMBZ
Or Skype for Business (Lync): SIP:firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon completion of the Registered Dental Assisting Program you will acquire a Dental Assisting Certificate of Completion, the California Radiation Safety Certificate, Pit and Fissure Certificate and the Coronal Polishing Certificate (must pass RDA Examination to activate).
The program gives students access to:
- Supervised practice sessions at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. Students work with student dentists and experience using techniques and skills required to be a successful dental team member.
- Internships at local dental offices where students will receive practical, hands-on experience.
- Community interaction such as delivering presentations to help educate school children about oral hygiene and nutrition
- Meeting with local dentists for career advisement.
- Eligibility to join the American Dental Assistants Association, California Dental Assistant Association, and Pomona Valley Dental Assistant Society.
Chaffey College’s dental assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA). The commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-4653 or at 211 Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611-2678. The program is designed to prepare students for the Dental Assisting National Board examination to become Certified Dental Assistants as well as the RDA Combined Exam to earn the RDA license. The program is also approved by the Dental Board of California. This one-year full-time program begins each fall.
Forms and Documents
RDA Application This form will be LIVE 5/1/21 at 8:00am through 5/31/21 at 11:59pm
Due to limited staffing, we cannot provide status inquiries during the application period. Applicants will be notified of their application status via email by June 2, 2021. If you do not receive information about your application status by June 2, 2021, you may contact the RDA program for a status inquiry.
RDA Student Handbook
Dental Viability Findings Report
Final Dental Viability Findings Report
Appendix Table of Contents
Appendix 1, AP 4021
Appendix 2, CODA February Report Letter
Appendix 3, CODA Standards
Appendix 4, Dental Assisting Needs Assessment
Appendix 5, IR ESR Data
Appendix 6, Public Forum Comments
Appendix 7, PSR 2012-13
Appendix 8, Advisory Minutes
Appendix 9, IR Demographic 2014, 2015, 2017
Appendix 10, January 2019 Scheduling Tool
Appendix 11, AB2637
Appendix 12, EPVR Committee Minutes
Appendix 13, History of the Dental Assisting Program
Appendix 20, Supplementary Evidence Collected
Appendix DA EPVR 2018