Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act application
October 1, 2022 for the 2023-24 school year. Students will use tax information from 2021 to
submit the 2023-24 FAFSA.
Receive FAFSA/Dream Act assistance application every week on Wednesdays from 2pm to 4:00pm (BE Building 100) and
Fridays from 9:00am to 11:00am (Zoom) Registration is required with the links provided.
The Financial Aid team will also be available to answer questions about:
- Campus Logic-Student Forms
- BankMobile Disbursements
- SAP Appeal assistance
- Panther Promise eligibility
The following information is needed to complete a Financial Aid application for 2023-2024.
- 2021 Federal Tax Returns, W-2 forms and/or proof of untaxed income
- Social Security Number**
- Alien Registration Number (for eligible non-citizens)
- Parent(s) 2021 Federal Tax Returns, W-2 forms and/or proof of untaxed income (for dependent students*)
- Parent(s) Social Security number**, date of birth, and date of marital status (for
**The California Dream Act Application does not require a Social Security number.
About the FAFSA
Tips for applying for the FAFSA:
- Create your FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov . Your FSA ID will allow you to log into the application, and act as your electronic signature to complete the application.
- If you are under the age of 24, you may need to complete the FAFSA with a parent’s information. Parents need their own FSA ID to sign the FAFSA if their information is included.
- Be sure to add Chaffey College’s school code 001163 on your application.
- If you are able to, please utilize the IRS data retrieval tool to transfer your tax information
directly to the application.
- To be eligible for federal student financial aid a student must meet all of the following:
- Have a high school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Have a valid Social Security number
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Eligible Non-citizen
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal grant
Learn about Federal Aid Eligibility:
Not a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident?
See if you qualify to apply for the California Dream Act Application.
Tips for applying for the California Dream Act Application:
- Complete the application at dream.csac.ca.gov.
- Be sure to add Chaffey College’s school code 00116300
- Contact the Admissions and Records department to make sure your California residency is up to date.
Important Dates for applying:
October 1: FAFSA and California Dream Act Applications open
March 2: Priority Deadline for California State Grants
September 2: Secondary Deadline for California State Grants for community college students