Financial Aid Refund Process and Credit Balances
When your file is complete your funds will be disbursed based on:
- Submitting all your required documents on the tasks list or,
- When we received your completed application without required tasks
An award notification will be sent to you via your panther email. You may view your awards on MyChaffeyportal under Financial Aid Self-Service.
Disbursements will be made to eligible students with
- Complete financial aid files,
- Enrolled in courses that have started and meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy per criteria established by the Chaffey College Financial Aid Office.
- If you have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant, or any other type of aid, please note no additional information is needed to complete your file.
- These awards are made based on full-time enrollment (12 units per semester). The disbursement amount is based upon the number of units you are currently registered and attending. If you are not enrolled Full-time at the time of disbursement, your disbursement will be adjusted according to enrollment status at the time of calculation. If you drop units, your disbursement amounts may be affected.
- Title IV Credit Balances (Pell and SEOG grants, Direct Loans): Credit balances created by these credits will be automatically issued within the timeframe per federal regulations 14 days from the date your financial aid was applied to your account to process a Refund. If a credit balance remains that is owed to the student, the college will issue a credit balance refund via BankMobile Disbursements refund process.
Disbursement Information Link: https://www.chaffey.edu/financialaid/disbursement-dates.php
When it comes to receiving financial aid refunds and credit balances, you deserve choices! Chaffey College delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, inc. Please visit their website to learn more about selecting a refund preference at https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/
It is critical that all students have a correct mailing address on file with Chaffey College. Please log onto the My Chaffey Portal by clicking My Chaffey to confirm or update your permanent address.
To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.