Guidelines for Students
The steps you should take to become a Chaffey College student are similar whether you are a new, returning, international or ESL student. But there are a few small differences. Check out these steps to get a better understanding.
- Submit a free application online. NOTE: If you are experiencing difficulties with the online application, please e-mail the help desk at email@example.com or call (877) 247-4836.
- Contact the counseling department to make an appointment for an orientation, placement and educational plan.
- Visit the financial aid office for information on how to receive financial aid.
- Use the schedule of classes to help you design your class schedule for the semester. You will also find important registration information dates and payment deadlines.
- Register for classes by logging into your MyChaffey Portal. Your registration date will be posted on MyChaffey Portal two weeks before registration begins.
- Pay your fees on MyChaffey Portal. You may have up to ten calendar days to pay for your classes. Please visit the cashier’s website for payment deadlines. All payments are due before the first day of instruction. Students whose payments are not received by the due date will be dropped for non-payment
- Print your registration statement in MyChaffey Portal prior to the start of the term. This will be your receipt of all classes that have been added/dropped and paid for, so check it carefully.
If you decide not to attend classes for which you have registered, it is your responsibility
to officially drop within the published deadlines. Refer to the class schedule for
If fees have not been paid, students who drop classes after the refund deadline will incur a financial obligation to the college and an administrative hold will be placed on their student record.
This hold will block you from future registration (adds, drops and withdrawals), obtaining your photo ID, transcripts, grades, diplomas or verification of enrollment until all fees are paid.
Former Students Returning
You must reapply once you are absent a term in fall or spring. NOTE: If you are experiencing difficulties with the online application, you can reach the help desk by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (877) 247-4836. Follow all of the “new students” steps outlined above.
Continuing (Current Students)
You do not need to reapply if you have continuous enrollment. Follow steps 3-7 under the “new students” section above.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Students
Follow all but step three of the “new students” steps outlined above .
Students Transferring to Chaffey College
Are you transferring to Chaffey from another college? Please follow all of the same steps for new students.
- You quality for admission to Chaffey College if:
- You completed high school or are in the final year of high school. For general guidance on this academic requirement, please refer to the UCSD US high school diploma equivalency chart.
- You’re 18-years-old by the time you begin classes. If you are younger, please use our international student form.
- You satisfy English proficiency requirement by meeting 1 of the below:
- By Test
- TOEFL iBT: 60
- IELTS: 5.0
- PTE Academic: 45
- Duolingo English Test: 50
- iTEP: 3.5
- GTEC CBT: 1000
- EIKEN: 2A
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 480
- ACT English: 18
- IGCSE English: C
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-level English: C
- By ESL or Intensive English Program
- ELS: level 109
- UC Riverside IEP: level 600
- Cal Poly English Language Institute: level 5
- UCLA Extension: level 105
- USC International Academy: level 4
- Other approved programs (email us for verification)
- By college-level English class
- Completion of English composition class at another college or university.
- By Secondary Education
- Completion of high school where medium of instruction in majority of classes is in English. This includes American curriculum schools, International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, and UK curriculum schools.
- Completion of high school (minimum 2 years) in the U.S.
- By Native Language
- Your native language is English. This applies to native English speakers from countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Canada (except Quebec), where English is both the official language of the country and the language of instruction.
- By Test
- Complete the Chaffey College Application
- Complete the international student application.
Note: Applicants must complete BOTH the online and PDF applications.
Questions about our application and admissions process? Please contact:
International Student Center staff