Instructions to Apply for an Associate Degree, Certificate and Commencement
Step 1: Prior to the Semester You Intend to Graduate
- Meet with a Counselor for a graduation check to confirm all coursework for Chaffey College Graduation Requirements, including your major(s), are completed or in-progress at the time of application. Counseling Department Contact Information:
- Chino – (909) 652-8120
- Fontana – (909) 652-7460
- Rancho – (909) 652-6200
- Submit ALL Advanced Placement scores and official college/university transcript(s), including in-progress coursework to the Admissions and Records Office. Admissions & Records contact information:
- Chino – (909) 652-8000
- Fontana – (909) 652-7400
- Rancho – (909) 652-6600
- Possible documentation for your major for an associate degree and/or certificate must
be on file in the Admissions & Records or Counseling Office. This includes, but not
- Advanced Placement scores (A&R)
- CLEP and/or IB test results (A&R)
- Military Transcripts & Certificate of Release (DD214) (A&R)
- Approved petitions and course waiver/substitutions (Counseling)
- Typing certificate (Counseling)
Please consult with a Counselor for more information if needed.
Step 2: During the Semester You Intend to Graduate (Prior to the Deadline Date Noted Above)
- Log onto My ChaffeyView through the Chaffey College Portal
- Click on the “Student’s Menu”
- Under the “Academic Planning” heading click on the Degree or Certificate Application Link
- Choose the program in which you are applying for an Associate Degree or Certificate.
If your program is not listed, use the drop down box to choose the correct program illustrated in the example below.
- Follow the online instructions and fill in all areas of Degree or Certificate Application
- If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, you will indicate your interest in order to receive email notifications on how to RSVP (as noted in Step 4 below).
- If you would like your name printed or removed from the commencement program, you
will indicate your preference.
- If you fail to meet the application deadline (February 24th), your name will not be included in the commencement program.
- However, you have until March 19th to submit your application without having your name printed in the commencement program.
- Submit your Degree or Certificate Application
- You must complete this step in order to determine your eligibility to participate in the commencement
Repeat Step 2 if applying for multiple Associate Degrees and/or Certificates.
Step 3: After You Apply to Graduate Your Associate Degree and/or Certificate application(s) and attachments will be reviewed for eligibility during the term you plan to graduate.
- You will receive an email in your chaffey.edu account from the Transcript Evaluators, in the Counseling Department, notifying you
of your approved or denied application status.
- If you are eligible to graduate, your application will then be forwarded to the Admissions & Records Office. The application will be processed for final approval after the term has ended and grades have
- If you are denied, schedule an appointment with a Counselor to discuss requirements and options. You will need to re-apply when requirements are met or are in-progress.
Step 4: RSVP to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
All students who anticipate completing a degree and/or certificate within the academic year (summer, fall or spring) may be eligible to participate in the Virtual Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 20, 2021.
- If you intend to participate as indicated in Step 2 of this process, and were determined eligible in Step 3 of this process, you will be emailed between February 15 and March 15 with instructions on how to RSVP for the virtual ceremony.
- The deadline to RSVP for the virtual ceremony is Friday, March 26, 2021.
- If you do not receive an email to RSVP, did you complete each of the following steps:
- Indicated your intent to participate in commencement on your graduation application
- Submit your graduation application by the March 19, 2021 deadline
- If you completed these steps, contact the Counseling Office
Step 5: Receiving Your Degree/Certificate
Diplomas will be mailed from the Admissions & Records Office to you during the following months:
- Summer Session: November
- Fall Semester: April
- Spring Semester: September
If you change your mailing address or you do not receive your diploma, please notify the Admissions & Records Office at:
- Last Name beginning with A – K – (909) 652-6615
- Last Name beginning with L – Z – (909) 652-6606