Instructions to Apply for an Associate Degree, Certificate and Commencement
Deadlines to Apply for Degrees/Certificates and RSVP to Participate in Commencement
|Summer Session 2021:||July 9, 2021|
|Fall Semester 2021:||November 19, 2021|
|Spring Semester 2022:||February 28, 2022|
|Early RSVP to Participate in Commencement 2022:||March 31, 2022|
At the time you apply for a degree or certificate, you will indicate your interest in participating in the commencement ceremony and having your name included in the commencement program. You must also RSVP to confirm your participation and reserve guest tickets. (See Step 4)
- Meet with a Counselor for a graduation check to confirm all coursework for Chaffey
College Graduation Requirements, including your major(s), are completed or in-progress
at the time of application. Counseling Department Contact Information:
- Login to Canvas
- Select “Student Support Hub”
- Select “General Counseling” to make an online appointment
- Submit ALL Advanced Placement scores and official college/university transcript(s), including
in-progress coursework to the Admissions and Records Office. Admissions & Records
- Make an appointment using QLess.
- Possible documentation for your major for an associate degree and/or certificate must
be on file in the Admissions & Records or Counseling Office. This includes, but not
- Advanced Placement scores (A&R)
- CLEP and/or IB test results (A&R)
- Military Transcripts & Certificate of Release (DD214) (A&R)
- Approved petitions and course waiver/substitutions (Counseling)
- Typing certificate (Counseling)
Please consult with a Counselor for more information if needed.
- Log onto My ChaffeyView through the Chaffey College Portal
- Click on the “Student’s Menu”
- Under the “Academic Planning” heading click on the Degree or Certificate Application Link
- Choose the program in which you are applying for an Associate Degree or Certificate.
If your program is not listed, use the drop down box to choose the correct program illustrated in the example below.
- Follow the online instructions and fill in all areas of Degree or Certificate Application
- If you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, you will indicate your interest in order to receive email notifications on how to RSVP (as noted in Step 4 below).
- If you would like your name printed or removed from the commencement program, you
will indicate your preference.
- If you fail to meet the application deadline (February 28th), your name may not be included in the commencement program.
- Submit your Degree or Certificate Application
- You must complete this step in order to determine your eligibility to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Repeat Step 2 if applying for multiple Associate Degrees and/or Certificates.
Your Associate Degree and/or Certificate application(s) and attachments will be reviewed for eligibility during the term you plan to graduate.
- You will receive an email in your panther.chaffey.edu account from the Transcript Evaluators, in the Counseling Department, notifying you
of your approved or denied application status.
- If you are eligible to graduate, your application will then be forwarded to the Admissions & Records Office. The application will be processed for final approval after the term has ended and grades have posted.
- If you are denied, schedule an appointment with a Counselor to discuss requirements and options. You will need to re-apply when requirements are met or are in-progress.
All students who anticipate completing a degree and/or certificate within the academic year (summer, fall or spring) may be eligible to participate in the Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 19, 2022.
- If you intend to participate as indicated in Step 2 of this process, and were determined eligible in Step 3 of this process, you will be emailed between February 1 and April 15 with instructions on how to RSVP and reserve guest tickets for the ceremony.
- The deadline to RSVP, reserve guest tickets, and be placed on the waiting list for additional tickets (should add’l tickets be available) for the ceremony is Thursday, March 31, 2022. Late RSVP’s received after March 31st are not eligible for the waitlist.
- If you do not receive an email to RSVP, did you complete each of the following steps:
- Indicated your intent to participate in commencement on your graduation application
- Submit your graduation application by the February 28, 2022 deadline
- If you completed these steps, contact the Counseling Office for information.
Diplomas will be mailed from the Admissions & Records Office to you during the following months:
- Summer Session: November
- Fall Semester: April
- Spring Semester: September
If you change your mailing address or you do not receive your diploma, please notify the Admissions & Records Office at: