Student Emergency Intervention and Wellness Program

The Chaffey College student emergency intervention and wellness program is a comprehensive initiative that identifies and immediately serves some of Chaffey’s most vulnerable students, which include our housing displaced students, food insecure students and students experiencing an emergency or crisis.

The program goals are to provide vulnerable students with meal cards, referrals for housing, emergency funds and/or counseling - all of which correlate to student success, health and wellness.

The primary programs serving our students are: The student emergency grant, the meals assistance program and referrals for housing, legal services, transportation support and healthcare needs. This is a college-wide intervention hosted by the department of equity, outreach and communications.

Panther Bites

Utilizing the Grad Guru mobile application, Panther Bites are notifications sent to alert students of available food from catered events and/or meetings.

Student Emergency Grant

Students must meet with the Panther Care Program manager and provide information on his/her situation. Students, who have been involved in an unforeseen emergency, crisis, or catastrophic event, may apply for this student emergency grant.

The Meals Assistance Program

Provides students that are food insecure and/or experiencing a student emergency access to several healthy and well-balanced meals in the dining commons, campus store or Panther Express (available at all three campuses). These meals are placed on gift cards from the Panther Care Program.

The Meals assistance program support is on hold during the pandemic forced campus closure. We will resume with this support once we resume all on campus activities.

Referrals for Short-Term Housing

Chaffey College is currently building community partnerships with local shelters and rooms to refer students to a short-term emergency place to stay. When available, referrals provide students with additional safety while they work to acquire permanent, sustainable and secure housing.

Student Emergency Grant Application