If you’re passionate about the law and can see yourself working in a courtroom, a law firm or other legal setting, consider paralegal studies for your academic focus. The paralegal studies associate’s degree and certificate programs can prepare you to work as a paralegal or legal assistant. These professionals conduct legal work under the direction and supervision of an attorney. We’ll teach you legal theory as well as the skills used by current paralegals. The program will enhance your reasoning abilities and you’ll be able to apply correct principles of law through analytical and critical thinking skills. The program exceeds the American Bar Association’s guidelines for paralegal education requirements.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the program, students will be recognized lawfully and legitimately by the State of California as a paralegal.
- Classes are taught by attorneys, senior legal office managers/paralegals or other qualified professionals.
- Students learn hands-on job skills to enter the paralegal profession.
- The program provides a comprehensive understanding of the legal system and the role and responsibilities of paralegals.
- Students learn essential paralegal skills such as conducting legal research, calendaring, drafting legal documents and legal memoranda.
- Students learn to work with other legal professionals.
- Students will gain understanding of office technology tools.
- Students gain improved oral and written communication skills.
Business Education Building