Learning Disability Testing
For more information please inquire with the Learning Disability Testing Interest Form.
Learning Disabilities Testing Procedure
If you are experiencing difficulties in meeting the academic demands of the regular vocational and/or academic classes at Chaffey College, you may request a learning disabilities assessment to determine the source of your problems. We welcome you, whether you decided to come in on your own or you were referred by someone else within or outside of Chaffey College.
Please take the time to complete the application for services and the learning disabilities referral form. It is important to answer each question in detail. Please fill out the form by hand and submit it to DPS in campus center east 100 (CCE 100). The learning disabilities specialist will collect the questionnaire and review it.
Providing this information is strictly voluntary. The information will be kept confidential and your answers will be used to help the learning disabilities specialist determine an appropriate course of action.
Learning Disabilities Testing Requirements and Procedures
It is important to note that you have to be a current Chaffey College student. In addition, you must be enrolled in at least one regular academic or vocational class (three units or more) at Chaffey College. It is required that LD testing be done in person.
Testing will be suspended if:
- You drop out of class/classes and are no longer enrolled as a Chaffey College student
- You miss your first intake/testing appointment by not attending the appointment, being over 15 minutes late or calling on the day of the appointment (medical verification needed to be excused), then you will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list.
- You miss two appointments/counted as "absent" if over 15 minutes late for appointment OR if you call the day of the appointment/medical verification needed for an absence to be excused
- You may challenge the suspension of testing by meeting the Learning Disabilities Specialist in person to discuss the situation.
Learning Disabilities Testing Steps:
- You need to complete and submit the Learning Disabilities Referral Form
- A phone call will be made once your questionnaire has been reviewed to determine the next course of action.
- An assessment screening may or may not be scheduled. If an assessment screening is scheduled and completed, the results will help determine if you will be placed on the testing wait list or it will be determined that you will not go through a learning disabilities assessment. It is up to the discretion of the learning disabilities specialist to skip screening to either move to a learning disabilities assessment or discontinue the testing process.
- Once testing is completed, you will be invited to a final results appointment.
For more information on LD Testing offered by the DPS office, please contact us via email at DPS.firstname.lastname@example.org.