The Academic Senate is a governance organization that represents Chaffey College faculty in all academic and professional matters. Faculty interested in serving on shared governance committees should contact the Academic Senate.
The role of Academic Senate is outlined by AP 2510-Participation in shared governance. Commonly referred to at 10+2, activities and responsibilities may include or go beyond the following:
- Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
- Degree & Certificate Requirements
- Grading Policies
- Educational Program Development
- Standards or Polices regarding Student Preparation and Success
- District and College governance structures, as related to faculty roles
- The appointment of faculty members to serve on college committees, task forces, or other groups dealing with academic and professional matters shall be made by the Academic Senate in consultation with the Superintendent/President or designee.
- There are some areas where the Faculty Association may appoint faculty to committees.
- Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
- Policies for faculty professional development activities
- Processes for program review
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development
- Other academic and professional matters as are mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the academic senate.
- Hiring criteria, policies, procedures, and equivalencies for new faculty members shall be developed, updated, and agreed upon jointly by representatives of the Governing Board and Academic Senate. (Unique to Chaffey and is not included as the statewide 10 +1).
This web site serves as a focal point and resource center for matters related to Academic Senate business and related community involvement.
Berz Excellence Building
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
Lissa A. Napoli
Administrative Assistant, Academic Senate