MyChaffey Portal FAQ
MyChaffey Portal FAQs
Q: What is my login (username) and password?
A: Login/username: Initials of the first and last names + 7-digit Chaffey College ID (i.e. – jd0654321). Initial password: 6-digit date of birth (MMDDYY)
Q: How do I change my password?
A: Log into the portal, click on control panel, select “reset password,” then enter a new password.
Q: What if I forgot my password?
- On the log in screen, click on the “Reset Password” or “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter your username (same as login) and click OK.
- If you have successfully created the three required security questions, two of them will display. Enter the exact answers that you created and saved. Answers are format and case sensitive.
- Reset your password to an 8-character minimum (no other restrictions) and click OK.
- Log in again with your same username and your new password.
- If you do not accurately enter your security answers, you cannot reset your password and must contact the help desk, admissions and records or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reset. Include your username, date of birth and last four-digits of your Social Security number.
- If you do not see two security questions, it means that you did not create them, or you missed clicking on the save button in the initial log in. In this case, you must contact the help desk, A&R, or email email@example.com. Include your username, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Users may think “I did create security questions . . . I do remember the answers.” What we have learned is that you tried, but didn’t save them, or simply forgot the format or exact text of the answer you typed.
Q: I forgot the answers to the security questions. What do I do?
A: If you do not accurately remember the security question answers, then you cannot reset your password and must contact the help desk, admissions and records or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a reset. Include your username, date of birth and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Q: How do I get my Chaffey Panther email?
A: Any student registered in a credit class will be assigned a Chaffey email account. Once the account is created, the student will have access to that account via the MyChaffey Portal. Click on the Gmail icon on the portal and accept the terms of the account.
Q: How do I forward my Chaffey Panther email to a personal account?
- Login to the MyChaffey Portal (https://my.chaffey.edu)
- Click on the Gmail icon
- Click on Settings (on the right side) > Settings Option > Forwarding and POP/IMAP
click Add a forwarding address
- Enter a valid email address > Next
- Verify the forwarding email address is correct > Proceed
- A message will display that a confirmation code has been sent to the forwarding email
verify permission > click OK
Access your personal email/email account to which you are forwarding your Chaffey Panther
- A message from the Chaffey College Team should be in your personal mailbox (if not, check your “Spam” folder)
- Click on the link in the email to confirm your forward request: Example:
- You will receive a confirmation message from Gmail. Close the email > Log Out
- Access your Chaffey Panther email account > click on Settings > click on Verify (next to the forwarding email address)
- Click on the option box next to Forward a copy of incoming mail to: to turn on mail forwarding
- Save Changes (towards the bottom of the Settings window). Your changes are NOT active until the changes have been SAVED.
Q: What is MyChaffeyVIEW?
A: MyChaffeyVIEW is the application accessible for all users from within the MyChaffey
Students can register for classes, check their class schedule, grades, view holds, pay their fees,
check Financial Aid status, etc. Faculty can view their rosters, enter grades, etc.
Q: What is MyChaffey portal?
A: MyChaffey is Chaffey’s web portal providing easy access to registration, library
important notifications, student email, and other information all through one single sign-on in
one location for all users.
Q: How do I get to Moodle?
A: When you log into MyChaffey, you will see the Launch Pad located on the left-side
of the page.
Click on the Moodle icon to launch the application. Moodle help desk: 909-652-6975.
Q: How do I get to library resources?
A: When you log into MyChaffey, you will see the launch pad located on the left-side
of the page.
Click on the library icon to launch the application.
Q: Where do I register?
A: Option 1: Log into the MyChaffey Portal > click on the MyChaffeyVIEW icon from
Pad > select the Students menu > Registration links will be on the right-side of the webpage.
Option 2: Log into the MyChaffey Portal > click on Register/Add/Drop Classes from the Self-Service Quick Links on the right-side of the webpage.