English Proficiency Requirements for Admission
You qualify for admission to Chaffey College if:
- You completed high school or are in the final year of high school.
- For general guidance on this academic requirement, please refer to the UCSD US high school diploma equivalency chart.
- Applicants under 18 years old (age 16-17) by the start of classes All of the above, plus: Emergency Contact Information and Internet Usage Form
Satisfy English proficiency requirement by meeting 1 of the below:
- TOEFL iBT: 60
- IELTS: 5.0
- PTE Academic: 45
- Duolingo English Test: 75
- iTEP: 3.5
- GTEC CBT: 1000
- EIKEN: 2A
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 480
- ACT English: 18
- IGCSE English: C
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-level English: C
By ESL or Intensive English Program
- ELS: level 109
- UC Riverside IEP: level 600
- Cal Poly English Language Institute: level 5
- UCLA Extension: level 105
- USC International Academy: level 4
- Other approved programs (email us for verification)
By College-level English Class
- Completion of English Composition class at another college or university.
By Secondary Education
- Completion of high school where medium of instruction in majority of classes is in English. This includes American curriculum schools, International Baccalaureate (IB) schools, and UK curriculum schools.
- Completion of high school (minimum 2 years) in the U.S.
By Native Language
Your native language is English. This applies to native English speakers from countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Canada (except Quebec), where English is both the official language of the country and the language of instruction.