Student Clubs and Organizations
Student Life’s Inter-Club Council (ICC) appreciates your interest in starting a new club/organization at Chaffey College. The following steps and requirements were developed to guide you towards achieving club approval.
Before chartering/re-chartering a club/organization, you will need to:
- Review the ICC Handbook
- Secure five student officers (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and ICC Representative, plus two additional members, for a minimum total of seven club representatives.
- Find at least one advisor (full-time faculty or classified professional)
- Complete the following: student club chartering form
The last day to submit the student club chartering form is February 29 for the current academic year. Beginning May 1, you can submit the student club chartering form for the following academic year.
Student Officer Requirements
- Be enrolled in five (5) or more credit units at Chaffey College
- Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Attend mandatory officer workshop
- Must be a full-time faculty or classified professional at Chaffey College
- Be present at all official club meetings and event whether they are on or off campus
- Attend mandatory advisor workshop
- Develop with the assistance of the club advisor and prospective club officers
- Club constitutions will only be reviewed once the club chartering form is submitted and all officers listed are eligible
- Once the constitution is approved by Student Life, it will be placed on the ICC agenda for voting. A representative from the prospective club is encouraged to attend.
- If approved, the ICC representative must attend ICC meetings. Dates are subject to change pending school holidays, events, and/or closures.
Please note that clubs/organizations must be ratified through the Inter-Club Council (ICC) to host official events, meetings, etc. All the forms listed will be needed when planning club/organization related events. Forms can be downloaded and electronically filled out.
Club Chartering Form This form must be submitted when establishing or renewing a club/organization for the current academic year. Once the form is received, the Student Life Coordinator will verify eligibility and will email the club president and advisor if the club/organization was able or unable to become officially chartered.
Club Event Proposal Form Complete this form for each event the club is participating in at least two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Club Funding Request Form This form is used for all funding requests: PO, Cash, Check and District Credit Card.
Complete the form at least two (2) weeks prior to the event and ONLY if your club has money available in their club account.
This form must be received by 2pm on Tuesday, so the request can be processed for Thursday.
Club Minutes Form Must be submitted after every meeting. Please be sure there is a motion, seconded by and discussion when funds are being requested from the club account.
Club Petition Change Form This form is to be used once the club has been officially chartered and there are changes to the officers, club advisor, and/or change of club name.
- Cash Only Deposit Form - This form is to be used when cash has been received as a donation.
- Check Only Deposit Form - This form is to be used when check(s) have been received as a donation
- Special Activity Deposit Slip - This form is to be used when requesting funds from the club account.
- You have three business days to return an unspent cash, receipts and deposit form MUST ALL BE SUBMITTED TOGETHER AND NO PIECE MAIL to Julia Huang in AD-102. If you do not have a printer, please email it to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can print it out for you. These forms are no longer available as a hard copy.
There is a standardized donation letter that will be used by all clubs. Please email email@example.com if you’d like the form emailed to you.
ICC Club Report Must be submitted by 2pm, Wednesday prior to the scheduled ICC meeting.
Transcript Inclusion Form For officers who have been in good standing and served a minimum of six (6) months and merits this transcript inclusion. Placed on official transcripts by the student life coordinator.
The student life coordinator will email this form out to all ICC representatives to cast their vote.
Waiver of Liability Form Any one participating in on and off campus club events or activities, field trips, and excursions. Completion of the form is good for the entire academic year.
Questions? Sonia Juarez, student life coordinator
Student Life (CCE-124C)