Third-Party Sponsorship

Arranging Payment with an Employer, Union, or Other Third-Party Sponsor

Many students receive tuition assistance through an employer, union, or other organization. The college refers to these as third-party sponsorships.

Required Documentation

To defer registration charges with third-party sponsorship, a voucher, waiver, or letter of credit must be received by the term payment due date. If other payment arrangements are in place prior to the term start date, sponsorship will be accepted after the term has started. Documentation can be emailed to

Documentation must be on company letterhead and include the following:

  • The full name of the student
  • Chaffey College student ID number
  • The amount of the sponsorship
  • Academic term and/or time period covered by the organization
  • Information about the organization, including a contact person, phone number, email address and billing address.


Deadline to Submit Documentation

If the student does not submit the appropriate paperwork by the payment deadline, the student may be dropped from all of their classes.

Processing Time

Chaffey College issues invoices 60-90 days after the term has begun. This allows students time to add/drop and withdraw from courses, limiting the changes that may affect their final billed amount.

Payment Options

Third-party check payments must be made payable to Chaffey College. Please send payment to:
Chaffey College
Attn: Cashier’s Office
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737

Include the student name(s) on the check and specify it is a sponsorship. Payment may be sent before the term start date. If payment is more than the amount billed, the check will be forwarded to the Foundation Department ((909) 652-6545). ACH payment is not accepted at this time.

Third-party Sponsorship Policies

  • Students are responsible for knowing their sponsor's tuition assistance policy including sponsor's requirements to receive funding and how other aid may impact their sponsorship.
  • Many sponsorships cover tuition only and do not cover the fees associated with registration. Students are responsible for any charges not covered by the sponsor.
  • Your sponsorship must be a guarantee of payment. If your third-party sponsor does not make payment as intended, your unpaid sponsorship will be removed as pending aid and you will be billed. You are responsible for any outstanding balance.
  • If your sponsor requires a specific or minimum grade, you will have to pay for your enrollment and seek reimbursement after your studies are complete.
  • Your voucher may be voided if it is altered in any way.



Family Educational Right and Privacy Act (FERPA) regulations require schools to have written permission from the eligible student in order to release any information from a student's education record. However, per 34 CFR  §99.31, we may disclose education records, without consent, to appropriate parties in connection with your financial aid (i.e. your sponsor).



 Chaffey College’s federal employer ID number (EIN/TIN) is 956000558. Fillable W-9 forms that need to be completed by Chaffey College may be emailed to