Student Guides and Support
Technology self-help guides and information on live support
- To support the academic needs of our students, Chaffey College will be loaning chromebooks to students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Complete the Chromebook/WIFI Hotspot Loan Program Reservation Form to begin your request.
- Chromebook setup process
- 1st time Chromebook users - How To Login to your Chaffey chromebook.
- New Login for Chaffey College Chromebook - VIDEO
- Getting started on a Chromebook
- Revert Chrome OS Back
- Get started with office 365 for free
- Experiencing issues with your loaner chromebook please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chromebook Guest login - PDF
- Registered students are eligible for Office 365 Education for free, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams. Use your school (panther) email address to download. This service is available exclusively through the Microsoft website, learn how to get started with Office 365 for free!
- Access Horizon for extended access to Chaffey’s software programs via are student virtual labs. Learn how to use Horizon by following the guide, Access Chaffey’s Virtual Lab via Horizon.
Canvas Student Guides and Support
Canvas accounts are created for all actively enrolled students at Chaffey. New and returning students receive Canvas access 2-weeks prior to their registered course start date(s).
Students will be given access to Canvas, two weeks before the start of the term. Students are able to access their courses in Canvas on the first day of instruction.
- Chaffey has put together an Intro to Canvas course that contains tutorials and instructions to prepare students for using Canvas at Chaffey College. This resource is hosted using our Chaffey Canvas interface, it gives you a glimpse at what Canvas looks like and how to navigate it!
- Canvas also has direct resources and videos, feel free to check out the Canvas Student Guides.
- Visit the Chaffey Student Toolkit on Canvas. The purpose of the Chaffey Student Toolkit is to provide new and continuing Chaffey College students a simple, easy-to-access online space to learn about:
- Student Checklist
- Technology Access Information
- Chaffey College Resource Guide
- How-To Video Tutorials
- Your Success Team at Chaffey
- Our Success Centers are online! You can access any Success Center for tutoring help, workshop participation, and directed learning activities. If you are an active Chaffey student, you have access to these supports! Access the Online Success Center.
- The Chancellor’s Office has put together Student Readiness Tutorials to help debunk myths about online learning.
Access to Essential Student Services
Finding Registration and Payment Information
An Add Code is a 4-digit number that allows you to register for a class that is closed or requires instructor consent. You can obtain consent by contacting the instructor of the course. Once you receive an Add Code from your instructor, you will then register for the class on the MyChaffey Portal using Add Code Registration.
We have a 10-Day Drop for NonPayment policy. If you register less than 10 days before classes begin, all fees will be due prior to the first day of instruction for the term. For payment deadlines see the payment chart in the Schedule of Classes.
- Yes. As long as you are enrolled, you are holding up a seat in the class that could be used by another student. In order to avoid charges for a class, you must drop by the refund deadline. If you drop after the refund deadline, the fees will remain on your account and a financial hold will be placed on your student record. In addition, if past due fees remain unpaid your name will be submitted for payment intercept via the Franchise Tax Board.
- Review the appropriate term academic calendar for a list of add and drop dates.
Receiving Your Financial Aid
- Apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
- Once your application is received you will receive additional information and instructions via email from the Financial Aid Office.
- The FAFSA & California Dream Act Application are available October 1 for the following academic year.
- Priority filing for Cal Grant programs is March 2nd. Apply early!
- Please review the Financial Aid Disbursement Schedule online for a list of dates of disbursement.
- Disbursement schedule is tentative and subject to change. Funds will be available within 24 hours of the scheduled date, and no later than 5pm the following day.
- The answer to this question varies on a case-by-case basis. You may be required to pay back all or part of your financial aid.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to drop courses after you have already received payment.
- Students will owe money back to the Federal Government and/or Chaffey College if the student receives funds and withdraws from all classes prior to completing 60% of the term.
- Please notify the Financial Aid Office if you decide to withdraw from your courses after you have already received payment.
Connecting with a Counselor
Counseling uses ConexED to meet with students online. Students can schedule an online counseling appointment by logging in to ConexED using the Chaffey icon when signing in, all students who have access to the MyChaffey portal will be able to use this service. Login to ConexED to schedule an appointment now!
- Yes, students may see any counselor to receive assistance with educational planning and registration.
- If you are a part of a program such as DPS, EOPS, CalWORKs, or Athletics, you should schedule your appointments with the assigned counselors for your program.
- Students should first meet with a counselor when beginning their enrollment at Chaffey to discuss academic and career goals and to create an educational plan
- Students should continue to check in with a counselor at least 1-2 times per academic year to ensure they are making academic progress and to make any necessary updates to their educational plan.
- Explore Chaffey’s Academic and Career Communities and Program Maps for easy access to information for specific major areas of study.