STEM Success Center
Online Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am- 8:00 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am -3:00 pm
Reminder: Log into your Canvas account to join the worskshops
Women In STEM
STEM Workshops Spring 2022
Workshops are 50 minutes long with a maximum of 12 students. Walk-ins are welcome;
it is strongly recommended that you make a reservation to ensure a confirmed spot.
Workshops will be offered online through Zoom.
Develop your resume and strengthen your academic, STEM, and employability skills. The BioPALs program (Biology Peer Assistant for Learning) can enhance your STEM career pathway. Tutors in this program receive training in Biology-1 labs, including experimentation and biological sciences skills, and work with Biology faculty and students to promote retention and success. Additional benefits include priority consideration for Chaffey's Summer Research Opportunity (SRO) applicants, digital badging for specific employability skills, a letter of recommendation from the BioPAL coordinator, and opportunities to network with faculty.
• Apprentice 3 or Apprentice 9 tutor position ($12.50-$15.00)
• 6-10hr. minimum weekly commitment
• Online training required prior to and during the term
• Who have completed Biology 1, 40, or 61, or equivalent
• With experience navigating an online course
• Who are interested in guiding peers through hands-on, at-home labs
• Who are willing to collaborate with students, faculty, staff, and admin
Take the next step in your STEM career pathway!
Open flyer to view more details