Nominations for Alumni of the Year and Athletic Hall of Fame
Statement of Purpose
The Alumni of the Year and Athletic Hall of Fame award recognizes individuals who have attended Chaffey College and served the community in an exemplary manner. Individuals are recognized for:
- Their service to the community
- Being an outstanding citizen
- Serving as an excellent representative of the quality education provided by Chaffey College
Eligibility for the Alumni of the Year Award and Athletic Hall of Fame is as follows:
- The recipient of the award shall be an alumnus/alumna of Chaffey College
- A recipient may only receive the award once
- At least five years have elapsed since graduation (or completion)
Additional eligibility for Athletic Hall of Fame award includes:
- Made significant contributions to college athletic programs
The criteria for nomination of the Alumni of the Year and Athletic Hall of Fame award include accomplishments in three categories:
- Professional Achievement: The recipient shall have attained prominence through his/her respective field or profession.
- Community Service: The recipient shall have a significant record of service to the community state and/or nation.
- Service to Chaffey College: The recipient shall have demonstrated support for Chaffey College through donated time or resources.
Additional, criteria for the Athletic Hall of Fame award includes:
- Athletic Performance, Leadership, or Team contributions and/or achievements as evidenced
Postseason honors, such as All-American, All-State etc.
b. Holding position of team captain;
c. Record-setting performances;
d. Earning individual championships
The Chaffey College Alumni of the Year & Athletic Hall of Fame committee will recommend
six nominees. Three will be recognized as Alumni of the Year and three will be selected
for the Athletic Hall of Fame. Nominations are due Wednesday October 31 and must be approved by the selection committee, whose members are alumni, community
members and athletic directors.
It is important for the committee to have as much information as possible about the nominee. For the purpose of promotion of our alumni and their accomplishments, it’s imperative that all recipients be present to accept their award at the annual event.