Resources and Media Library
The following communication tools are geared to support, engage, inform, and provide guidance to students and the college community with the latest Chaffey guided pathway efforts with a focus on academic programs and student support services.
What Are Guided Pathways?
Guided pathways reform is a student-centered approach that can dramatically increase the number of students earning community college credentials and simultaneously close equity gaps. Rather than work with a subset of students, guided pathways are a college-wide undertaking that provides a framework for integrating California-based initiatives such as SSSP, Equity, Basic Skills Transformation, the Strong Workforce Program, and California College Promise. The California Guided Pathways project was modeled from the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) Pathways Project and adapted for implementation in California to support colleges as they guide students in clarifying their paths to end goals, select and stay on that path, and ensure quality learning. - Foundation for California Community Colleges, California Guided Pathways Project
As we redesign the student experience, we will change the way we see our own work. We will use the same organizing principles of Guided Pathways to reimagine the College’s operations. The Four Pillars of Guided Pathways are:
- Clarify the path: Design with the end in mind.
- Help students choose and enter their path: Strengthen and clarify student-facing information about jobs, careers, and transfer options.
- Help students stay on the path: Ensure continuous, proactive advising within pathways, noting milestone achievement, ensuring timely academic alert and support, and requiring advising when students go off the path.
- Ensure students are learning: Intentionally design applied and experiential learning experiences throughout each pathway.
Chaffey Resources and Media Library
- Presentation (Coming Soon)
- Videos (Coming Soon)
Learn More About Guided Pathways
- California Community Colleges Guided Pathways
- Redesigning Community Colleges for Student Success: Overview of the Guided Pathways Approach (CCRC, Davis Jenkins)
- Guided Pathways Demystified: Exploring Ten Commonly Asked Questions (NCII, Rob Johnstone)
- Vision for Success: Strengthening the California Community Colleges to Meet California’s Needs