LGBTQIA+ Advocates Committee
Purpose: The LGBTQIA+ Advocates Committee advocates for a college-wide, coherent support of and resources for LGBTQIA+ students; advocates for and contributes to a climate of inclusion for members of the LGBTQIA+ faculty, staff, and administrators at Chaffey College; and collaborates with the various groups on campus who share the mission to create a more equitable environment for the Chaffey College community.
Scope:This committee is open to all faculty, staff, and administrators, as well as select students. The committee will:
- Embrace, celebrate, and uplift the personhood of students, staff, faculty, and administrators who are LGBTQIA+
- Advocate for equitable access to resources (including but not limited to physical spaces, physical resources, digital resources, campus support staff/ resources) that help promote/ support the physical, mental/ psychological, social, and academic well-being of LGBTQIA+ students, staff, faculty and administrators at Chaffey College.
- Conspire with other campus groups to improve access, success, retention, and persistence for historically marginalized student identities; foster a climate of inclusion at Chaffey College; and advocate for the needs of all historically underserved students in campus planning and policy making.
- Collaborate with the Lavender Coalition, Special Populations/ Equity & the Equity Coalition, the CCSJ, Academic and Classified Senate, CCSG, PEC, FSC, CPC, the Wignall Museum of Contemporary Art, the Student Health Center, Faculty Advising, Success Centers, The Transfer & Career Center, Bloom, the Foundation Office, and other campus departments, offices, resources or programs.
- Unite Chaffey with local colleges, outside agencies, and advocacy groups.
Reports To: Director of Student Equity and Engagement (or designee)
Terms of Office: Two years
Chairperson: Tri Chairs: Faculty--Kimberly George; Management--Rebecca Trawick; Classified-- Hector Solorzano
Members: Victoria Tulacro; Sarah Cotton; Elizabeth Encarnacion; Laura Picklesimer; Melissa Utsler; Jamie Greuel; Kelly Kindred; Hannah Lucas; Roman Stollenwerk; Robin Witt; RoseAnn Osmanian; Jack Tropp
Meeting Day and Time: Monthly, Third Thursdays from 12:30-1:50, Location TBD
Last updated: September 2021