Frequently Asked Questions

Students who do not meet the 9-12th grade-level eligibility requirement, or who plan to take more than the 11 unit maximum for Special Part-time Admits, may submit an APPEAL FORM to the Chaffey College Appeals Committee.


Summer 2024: April 15 - June 7

Fall 2024: April 15 - Sept. 15

  • Prior to submitting the appeal, students must have an approved Dual Enrollment High School Partnership (HSP) or HSPFLEX Enrollment Form on file for the requested term.
  • Please Note: Submitting an approved enrollment form does not guarantee approval to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program
  • A separate appeal is required for each semester/term of enrollment.
  • The decision of the Appeal Committee is final.

The Dual Enrollment Program will cover the cost of all textbooks, licenses, and course materials for in-district students registered in a High School Partnership (HSP) section - only. Students who self-registred in a Non-HSP section are responsible for these costs. 

For more information please see "How to Obtain My Textbook

Why can't you tell me information about my son/daughter?

The College is bound by FERPA to protect student information. Chaffey College requires written consent by the student to disclose limited information to the parent. Chaffey College does not provide open-ended access to any records the student chooses to release.

Does a parent have the right to meet with an instructor, counselor, or other staff member to discuss a student's education/education records/progress, etc.?

No. FERPA only provides a right to secure a copy of student records, and it does not provide a right to an interactive conference with an instructor, counselor, or another staff member. At the College level, all staff typically interact directly with students without parental involvement.


No. The UC and CSU admissions offices weigh California Community College courses that meet A-G requirements on a 5.0 scale and are contractually required to accept courses listed on for degree and general education requirements. The UC and CSU systems are not contractually required to accept AP and Honors courses for degree and general education requirements.

The UC Doorways website has a list of which Chaffey College courses meet A-G requirements. Because that list was last updated in 2014, you may find more current course options in the list of IGETC UC/CSU general education requirements at

Each K-12 district must make its own determination about which college courses they choose to allow to meet which graduation requirements. Meet with your counselor or assistant principal of instruction to learn more about which courses your K-12 district will accept for core graduation requirements.

The UC and CSU admission offices will weigh any community college courses taken that meet A-G requirements on a 5.0 scale. If your local high school has not provided a 5.0 scale for these courses, the UC and CSU admission offices will recalculate the GPA from your K-12 district transcript to reflect the 5.0 scale for A-G courses.

While every student’s academic path is unique, we recommend Guidance 3: Career Exploration and Life Planning as a great starting point for your college career. You will have a full semester of contact with a college counselor in this class from whom you can ask questions about college pathways and who can help acclimate you to the college experience. This course also meets area G in A-G as well as a core CSU general education requirement in “Lifelong Learning and Self Development.”

In rare cases, if the K-12 district and the college deem the student’s case valid for admission, a middle school student may attend Chaffey College. Middle school students and their parents must complete the same agreement form paperwork as high school students in order to take college courses. This means that a middle school principal or designee (usually a counselor) must sign to endorse the participation of the student in college courses. Additionally, the student must complete an appeal, which will include a letter from the child’s K-12 district advocating for the child’s participation in college. A Chaffey College appeal committee will make the final determination regarding the child’s participation in college.

For more information, please see: "Do I need to appeal?" above.

Order official transcripts using the Transcript Ordering Services

If you have specific questions for Admissions and Records you can speak to someone virtually by clicking HERE during hours of operation.

Chaffey College offers the Omnitrans Go Smart Program, which enables you to ride any of Omnitrans’ fixed route buses with your Chaffey College Student ID Card for a per-semester fee of $8 for a part-time student. If you are interested in participating in this program please complete the steps below:

  1. Complete the HSP or Non-HSP Enrollment Process
  2. Fill out the Admissions and Records Dept. "Transportation Fee Opt-In" form. 
  3. Pay $8 fee
  4. Complete the "Student ID Card Request" form located in MyChaffey Portal.

To learn more about the program please feel to visit Go Smart Frequently Asked Questions.