Undocumented Advocates Committee
Purpose: The Undocumented Advocates Committee works to develop and maintain a college-wide, coherent and effective strategy for supporting students who are protected through Assembly Bill 540, Deferred Action from Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and other undocumented students. The members provide a visible and active undocumented-ally presence to foster a welcoming environment to all students and their families.
Scope: This committee is open to all faculty, staff and administrators as well as select students. The committee will:
- Educate the campus community about the issues facing AB 540/DACA/undocumented students
- Collaborate with the Dreamers’ Club, the Center for Culture and Social Justice, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services, the President's Equity Council, the Faculty Success Center, admissions and records, financial aid, the office of special populations and other campus departments, offices, resources and programs.
- Measure and assess the campus climate for undocumented students
- Provide oversight of the Dreamers’ webpage on the college website and the Dreamers’ Resource Center
- Collaborate with other colleges, outside agencies, advocacy groups and legislators
Reports To: Superintendent/President (or designee)
Terms of Office: Members serve two-year terms.
Tri Chairs: Faculty - Neil Watkins; Management - Raymond Cuellar ; Classified – Yvonne Vitt
Members: Myra Andrade , Luis Bohon, Patricia Bopko, Misty Burruel, Angela Cardinale, Abel Chen, Lorena Corona, Raymond Cuellar, Sonia Diaz, Fabiolo Espitia, Rachel Galindo, Thalia Garibay, Robert Gomez, Brianna Gonzales, Adrienne Grayson, Luke Gunderson, Monica Han, Deanna Hernandez, Sonia Juarez, Megan Keebler, Jorge Larios, Jade Lehar, Elaine Martinez, Ava Nguyen, Aysia Pennell, Kyle Pennett, Selene Pineda, Anita Reyes, Janeth Rodriguez, Paul Rodriguez, Alisha Rosas, Diana Sanchez, Laura Santamaria-Estrada, Lucy Serrano, Dulce Spencer, Yubel Svensson, Sonia Torres, Rebecca Trawick, Caleb Ulrich, Melissa Utsler, Salada Vann, Lorie Vazquez, Yvonne Vitt, Neil Watkins.
Meeting day and time: Weekly, Tuesday, 2:30 - 3:30 pm, BEB-204