Chaffey Logo link



Application Process


Nutrition Program





Download Files

Application Form

Social and Behavioral Sciences Home

Center Header

Nutrition Program

The Chaffey College Child Development Center participates in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) offered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and serves meals at no separate charge to all enrolled children. The reimbursement received from the CACFP helps with our food costs, and therefore, enables us to keep our fees for care as low as possible.

If your household currently receives benefits under the CalFresh Program; the California Work Opportunity and Responsibility for Kids (CalWORKs); the Kinship Guardianship Assistance Payment Program(Kin-GAP); or the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), you only need to list your current CalFresh, CalWORKs, Kin-GAP, or FDPIR case number on the Meal Benefit Form. You must also have an adult sign and date the Meal Benefit Form.

However, if your household does not receive benefits under CalFresh, CalWORKs, Kin-GAP, or FDPIR, please complete the Meal Benefit Form and make sure you:
  • provide the names of all household members and their income by source; and

  • have an adult sign, date, and provide the last four digits of his or her social security number, or check the box "Check here if no Social Security Number" if the adult does not have a social security number.

For All Households:

The USDA defines a household as a group of related or unrelated individuals (not residents of a boarding house or an institution) who are living as one economic unit (i.e., sharing living expenses). Therefore, the income reported on the Meal Benefit Form must include the gross income of all members of your household, by source.

The income you report must be the total gross income received last month, listed by source for each household member. If last month's income does not accurately reflect your circumstances, you may provide a projection of your monthly income. If no significant change has occurred, you may use last year's income as a basis to make this projection. If your household's income is equal to or less than the amounts indicated for your household's size on the attached Income Chart, the center receives a higher level of reimbursement for meals served to your child(ren).

Once properly approved for free or reduced-price benefits, whether through income or proof of benefits as supported by a current CalFresh, CalWORKs, Kin-GAP, or FDPIR case number, your child(ren) will remain eligible for those benefits for 12 months.

Foster Children:

For households with foster children, please contact us for additional information.

Confidentiality of Information on the Meal Benefit Form:

We will use the information on the form to decide the level of reimbursement our center is eligible to receive. We will place the Meal Benefit Form in our food program files and keep the information confidential. Only upon your request, will we share the information on your form with officials of other child nutrition, health, and education programs so they can use it to determine benefits for those programs.

Nondiscrimination Statement:

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

“USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”

Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions or need assistance in filling out the Meal Benefit Form, please contact us at 909-652-6875.

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement – UPDATE and Spanish Translation

Effective from July 1, 2017, through June 30, 2018

For more information about the child care food program at the Chaffey College Child Development Center contact front office staff at 909/652-6875.

LETTER TO PARENTS (Nonpricing Program) (.PDF)

Location and Hours

The Chaffey College Child Development Center is located on the corner of Haven Avenue and Wilson Street at the northwest corner of the Rancho Cucamonga campus.

Chaffey College Child Development Center
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga
CA 91737-3002


Office Hours
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

State Preschool Hours
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Toddler Program
Monday through Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

August 14- December 15
M-TH 7:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 5:00pm

Licensing # 360909182

Rev. 6/28/17

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.

Back to Top