Skip to Main Content
Chaffey Logo link

Chaffey Police Officers standing in front of a Patrol Vehicle Chaffey Police Officers in front of Campus Police Chaffey Police Officer Chaffey Cadet Police Officer

Chaffey College
Police Department
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737




image of ad and link to acrobat reader download


Chaffey College Police Department

Campus Police

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I need a parking permit to park on campus?

A: Yes. All vehicles parked on grounds owned or operated by the Chaffey Community College District shall clearly display a current parking permit or a daily parking permit on the lower driver side windshield facing outward with the number or date of the permit clearly visible.

Parking permits for currently enrolled students may be purchased through MyChaffey portal. For details, see the cashier's office website.

Q: What is the cost of a parking permit?

A: The permit cost is $50 per semester for fall and spring, and is $25 for summer session.

Q: I only have a couple of classes a week; can I just pay for a daily parking permit?

A: Yes. You can purchase a daily parking permit from any one of the permit dispensers on campus located in various parking lots throughout campus. Daily permits are $4 per day or $1 per hour.

Q: What do I do if the permit dispenser I went to is not working or out of order? Do I still need to have a parking permit?

A: If the permit dispenser is not working or out of order, look for another permit dispenser that is working properly. Dispensers are located in various parking lots throughout campus. You must have a parking permit in order to park on campus.

Q: I have a disabled placard. Do I have to purchase a parking permit?

A: Yes. In addition to having a valid placard properly displayed or a license plate that signifies that you are disabled, your vehicle must display a current Chaffey parking permit. Misuse of disabled parking privileges will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Q: I want to contest a parking violation, what do I do?

A: You must appeal a parking violation within 21 days of issuance. You may pick up a Parking Violation Appeal Form at the Campus Police Office, online at or you may write a letter of appeal. If you wait beyond the 21 days to appeal the violation, you will have no further recourse to contest the violation.

Please remember that violations are not canceled or dismissed just because the permit was not properly displayed. It is the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to display the permit as instructed on the back of the parking permit.

Q: May I park in a metered stall with my Student Parking Permit?

A: No. Parking in metered parking areas require the deposit of the correct amount of money as indicated at the meter.

Q: Does Chaffey College have an escort service?

A: Yes. You can request an escort by using a blue emergency phone located throughout the three campuses and parking lots.

Q: I need to leave my vehicle parked on campus overnight (e.g., car broke down, flat tire, field trip). Do I need to notify anyone about this?

A: Yes. You must notify Campus Police if any vehicle will be left on campus overnight.

Q: Does the college have a Lost and Found?

A: Yes. Lost and Found is located in the Campus Police Office. Every effort is made to contact owners of property turned in to Lost and Found. In addition, persons may report lost items to the Campus Police.
Call 652-6632 for assistance.

Q: What are the college student services hours?

A: The business office is open Monday through Friday during Fall and Spring semesters. Check the student services website for specific hours.


Rev. 5/1/18

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.