Chaffey Logo link


Career Transitions Main Page

Information for Students
    Enrollment Instructions
    CATEMA Setup Help

Instructor Guides
    Articulation Process
    Request to Articulate Form
    Articulated Agreements List
    Instructor Process
    CATEMA Information
    Application Assignment
    Instructor Packet


Career Education Programs

Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

Career Transitions, BE-107
Chaffey College
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737

Career Transitions

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What forms or documents are required to earn Career Transitions credit at Chaffey College?
A: Application for Admission to Chaffey College for Career Transitions Students, see instructor for further documentation or criteria that may be required to earn credit.
Q: Does Chaffey College charge a fee to enroll in Career Transitions classes?
A: No enrollment fees are charged for High School/ROP Career Transitions students to earn college credit for articulated classes.
Q: Who should I contact if I have a Career Transitions question?
A: For High School Career Transitions courses: contact your High School Counselor or Career Tech coordinator. For enrollment or credit at Chaffey College contact Career Transitions Office at 909/652-6831,
Q: Where is the Career Transitions office located?
A: The career transitions office is located at the Chaffey College Rancho Cucamonga campus in the Business Education (BE) building, Room 107. All mail for Career Transitions can be sent to the address located in our sidebar. Map of Campus:
Q: Will Career Transitions students earn credit at Chaffey College?
A: Yes, for Career Transitions courses taken in high school that are “articulated” with a course at Chaffey College, and some classes are transferrable to other colleges.
Q: What type of credit will I earn at Chaffey College?
A: Specific articulation agreement determines the type of Chaffey College credit granted.

Types of credit:
  • Placement Credit means you are not required to complete the articulated college course when it is part of a program of study at Chaffey College. A “program of study” shows the major course requirements for a degree or certificate.

  • Unit Credit means you have earned units (similar to high school credits) for the articulated Chaffey College course. Course units will be posted on your Chaffey College transcript with a “CX” designation and units earned.
Q: As a Career Transitions student, can I take regular credit classes at Chaffey College?
A: Yes, but you will need to meet the admissions criteria for concurrent enrollment. There are different requirements for students taking regular Chaffey College courses while still enrolled in high school.

Refer to the Chaffey College schedule of classes for admissions information or contact the Admissions and Records Coordinator at 909/652-6610. The Chaffey College catalog and schedule of classes are both available at
Q: How do I obtain my Chaffey student ID number?
A: Complete and submit the online Application for Admission ( Be sure to click ‘Yes’ to the question indicating you are applying as a Career Transition student. You should receive an email within three business days containing your student Identification number. See Online and Application and Registration for more details.
Q: What if I forget to check the box asking if I am a Career Transitions student?
A: Contact or by phone at 909/652-6600, give them your name, Chaffey ID number, and date of birth and inform them that you are a career transitions student and would like to make that change on your application.
Q: How will I know if I have received credit?
A: An email will be sent to you confirming the credit by exam or placement credit has been posted, along with instructions on how to manage MyChaffeyView to review credit earned. See below if you have not received an email yet but would still like to check.
Q: How do I check to see my credit?
A: 1. Navigate to
2. Click login.
  • Your ID is the first initial of your first and last name (lower case) + your 7 digit student/employee ID number.
  • If this is your first time logging into My ChaffeyView, your password is your birth date in mmddyy format.
    Example: If you were born on January 1, 2004, your password will be 010104.
3. Click Students.
4. Click Official Transcript Request
5. Contact the Admissions and Records Office at (909) 652-6600 if you have any issues.

Rev. 3/10/15

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.

Back to Top