What is CalWORKs Work Study?
The Program provides valuable work experience with paid employment opportunities on campus that enable you to meet Welfare-To-Work/GAIN activity requirements while pursuing an educational program at Chaffey College.
What are the goals and benefits of CalWORKs Work Study?
- Provide you with work experience to increase your marketability upon completion of an educational program
- Provide you with an additional source of income within the requirements of the CalWORKs program
- Satisfy a portion of required CalWORKs hours
- Earn income through work study that does not affect CalWORKs cash aid
- Obtain paid work experience to develop skills related to your field of study
- Gain valuable on-the-job training
- Receive mentorship from CalWORKs Work Study and College staff
What are the eligibility requirements for CalWORKs Work Study?
You must be:
- A CalWORKs adult cash aid recipient in good standing with the county
- Enrolled at Chaffey College with an approved educational plan
- At least a second semester student at Chaffey College
- Enrolled in at least 6 units
- In good academic standing with a cumulative 2.0 GPA
- In compliance with academic, conduct, and performance standards required by the CalWORKs Program for Parents and Chaffey College
For additional information about CalWORKs Work Study, please contact the Chaffey College CalWORKs Program for Parents at (909) 652-6045, or visit the office located in the Administration Building, room 190.