Chaffey Logo link


CalWORKs Home

What is CalWORKs?

Who is Eligible?

Get Started

Student Responsibilities

Program Benefits

Work Study


For appointments please call
(909) 652-6045


Who is Eligible?

  • Parents who receive cash aid for themselves as well as their dependent children (CalWORKs/TANF) and who have or are developing a Welfare-to-Work (WTW) Plan with their Employment Specialist (proof of benefits must be on file each semester.)

  • Be in good standing with the county Transitional Assistance Department (TAD) or Department of Public Social Services (DPSS)

  • Self-Initiated Participants (SIPs)

  • Exempt Volunteer CalWORKs recipients

  • Exempt CalWORKs recipients

  • Be enrolled at Chaffey Community College

  • Be in good academic standing with the college

  • Single or two-parent households who are meeting county Welfare-to-Work requirements

Who is Not Eligible?

  • Sanctioned CalWORKs students

    • Sanctioned Student Policy: If a student has been sanctioned during a semester, services can be provided until the end of the semester; sanction must be cured by the end of the semester to continue services for the next semester.

  • Parents who receive cash aid for their children only.

  • Recipients of CalFresh only (food stamps), not cash aid

  • “Timed-Out” of cash aid (reached the 40-month time limit and no longer eligible for cash aid)

  • Individuals receiving SSI

  • Tribal TANF


Rev. 11/8/18

General Information | Student Resources | Instructional Programs | Campus Life | Community | Site Index | Home | MyChaffey |

CHAFFEY COLLEGE • 5885 Haven Avenue, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737-3002 • 909/652-6000
Copyright 2014 Chaffey College. All rights reserved. Send technical questions to our Webmaster.

Back to Top