We want you to have access to a quality college education regardless of your age, experience or prior educational attainment. Chaffey College partners with our local adult schools who offer free, high school diploma courses and GED preparation for adult learners. Our goal is to help you transition from earning your high school credential or learning English as a second language to joining the panther family here at Chaffey College.
Interested in completing you high school diploma or GED?
Click on the adult school that serves the city you live in, for more information:
Chaffey Adult School- Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Montclair
Chino Valley Adult School- Chino, Chino Hills
Fontana Adult School- Fontana
Upland Adult School- Upland
ATTEND CHAFFEY COLLEGE FOR FREE
The Adult Education Partnership/Dual Enrollment programs cover tuition costs and books (if applicable) if you are currently enrolled in a high school diploma or GED program at a local adult school, regardless of your residency status.
WHY SHOULD YOU THE PURSUE ADULT EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP/DUAL ENROLLMENT PROGRAM?
- You can earn high school diploma and college credit at the same time
- You can get started on your degree requirements for Chaffey College, Cal State and University of California schools
- You can experience college life
- You can receive specialized counseling with specialized Adult Education counselors
HOW TO ENROLL IN THE ADULT EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
1) Apply to Chaffey College: HERE. Within 2-3 days, you will receive your Chaffey College student ID number in your email. You will need your ID number to complete step 2. When completing the Chaffey College application, you will need to select "Enrolled in adult school and authorized to enroll in college at the same time" under the Education section.
2) Register for classes using the Adult Education Partnership Enrollment form. This form can be obtained from your adult school counselor, guidance tech, assistant principal or the Chaffey College adult education counselor. It is recommended you consult with your adult school counselor, guidance tech, or assistant principal for guidance on course selection.
3) Meet with a Chaffey College counselor: create an education plan and complete your orientation.
ELIGIBILITY AND RESTRICTIONS
To be eligible, students must adhere to the following:
- Be currently enrolled in an adult school high school diploma or GED program;
- Acquire adult school enrollment verification and course approval (the Partnership program will facilitate this verification and approval process);
- Partnership/Dual Enrollment students may enroll in up to 11 units (about 3 classes) for Fall and Spring and 6 units (about 2 classes) in Summer
PLEASE NOTE: Students who choose to register for 12 or more units will be responsible for payment of all fees.
Not Eligible for the Adult Education Partnership/Dual Enrollment Program?
The adult education counselors can guide you through our financial aid options such as the Panther Promise, PELL grants, EOPS, CalWorks, etc. Addition resources are available for undocumented students such as the California Dream Act, AB 540, or the Non-resident Fee Waiver.
Are you undocumented or are one of your family members undocumented and you do not feel safe completing our application or financial aid forms? Please contact us. We will answer your questions, support you, and provide resources to you and your family as you reach your educational goals.
Laura Alvarado, Asst. Director, Adult Education Pathways
Nicole Ramos, Adult Education Counselor