Adult Education

students in classroom adult education

Welcome to Chaffey College! We want you to have access to a quality college education regardless of your age, experience or prior educational attainment.  Chaffey College partners with our local adult schools who offer free, high school diploma courses and GED preparation for adult learners. We provide specialized counseling to serve our adult learners seeking to expand their skills and education. Our goal is to help you transition from earning your high school credential, learning English as a second language, or upskilling your employment opportunities by joining the Panther family here at Chaffey College.

Interested in completing you high school diploma or GED?

Click on the adult school that serves the city you live in, for more information:

Chaffey Adult School- Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Montclair

Chino Valley Adult School- Chino, Chino Hills

Fontana Adult School- Fontana

Upland Adult School- Upland



Start your college journey now! Adult school students actively enrolled in a high school diploma or GED program who are approved by their adult schools to participate, are invited! 

Welcome Webinar Flyer Welcome Webinar

For students registered to take a spring class with us 2022

This workshop is open to all Adult Education Partnership and High School Dual Enrollment students. Topics include: getting started, important dates, accessing your course on Canvas, ordering books, connecting with a Success Coach and much more! Parents and guardians are also welcome to attend.

January 12, 20, 25 from 6:30 - 8pm

Please register HERE or visit 

Spring 2022 Welcome Webinars

Please ensure that you have applied to Chaffey College and submitted a Adult Pathways Program Registration Form prior to attending the Welcome Webinar

Dates Time Location
Wednesday, January 12 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm REGISTER HERE
Thursday, January 20 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm REGISTER HERE
Tuesday, January 25 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm REGISTER HERE


Why should YOU join the Adult Education Partnership/Dual Enrollment Program?

The Adult Education Partnership/Dual Enrollment programs cover tuition costs and books (if applicable) if you are currently enrolled in a high school diploma or GED program at a local adult school, even if you are an undocumented student.

  • You can earn high school diploma and college credit at the same time
  • You can get started on your degree requirements for Chaffey College, Cal State and University of California schools 
  • You can experience college life
  • You can receive specialized counseling with specialized Adult Education counselors


adult ed partnership flyerHow to Enroll in the Adult Education Partnership Program

1)      Apply to Chaffey College: HERE.  Within 2-3 days, you will receive your Chaffey College student ID number in your email. You will need your ID number to complete step 2. When completing the Chaffey College application, you will need to select "Enrolled in adult school and authorized to enroll in college at the same time" under the Education section.

2)      Register for classes using the Adult Education Partnership Enrollment form. This form can be obtained from your adult school counselor, guidance tech, assistant principal or the Chaffey College adult education counselor. It is recommended you consult with your adult school counselor, guidance tech, or assistant principal for guidance on course selection.

3)      Meet with a Chaffey College counselor: create an education plan and complete your orientation.

Download image to view the poster larger

Eligibility and Restrictions

To be eligible, students must adhere to the following:

  • Be currently enrolled in an adult school high school diploma or GED program;
  • Acquire adult school enrollment verification and course approval (the Partnership program will facilitate this verification and approval process);
  • Partnership/Dual Enrollment students may enroll in up to 11 units (about 3 classes) for Fall and Spring and 6 units (about 2 classes) in Summer. 


Not Eligible for the Adult Education Partnership/Dual Enrollment Program?

We can still help you attend college! The adult education counselors can guide you through our financial aid options such as the Panther Promise, PELL grants, EOPS, CalWorks, etc. Addition resources are available for undocumented students such as the California Dream Act, AB 540, or the Non-resident Fee Waiver. 

¿Q`ue es la Ley de AB 540?

What is the California Dream Act? 

¿Q`ue es la Ley Dream de California?

Are you undocumented or are one of your family members undocumented and you do not feel safe completing our application or financial aid forms? Please contact Carlos Lequeria HERE . He will answer your questions, support you, and provide resources to you and your family with understanding and confidentiality.  

English as a Second Language (ESL)

ESL Courses 642 and 652If you’re interested in learning how to read, write and speak English, Chaffey College’s English as a Second Language (ESL) program can help. Our program serves a wide variety of people including:

  • International students
  • People who have learned some English in another country and wish to continue learning here
  • People who have been living in the U.S. for decades and speak English, but want to improve their writing and speaking skills
  • People who want a job that requires stronger language skills
  • People who would like to take ESL as the first step in pursuit of a college degree or certificate

Download image to view the poster larger


Step One: Apply (Begin with the "Start Here" link above)
Step Two: Choose a Class
Step Three: Register
Step Four: Wait for Classes to Start

Need Help?



Noncredit Programs

Noncredit programs are free, non-degree credential programs designed to provide entry-level career or upskilling education and training.

Certified Nursing Assistant 

The Nurse Assistant Program at Chaffey College is approved by the Department of Public Health, State of California (CDPH), following Title 22 regulations. The program is designed to teach the necessary information and skills to take the National Nursing Assistant Assessment Program (NNAAP) state certification test, taking the program does not certify the student. To enroll in the CNA course, students must be 16 years old. The class is taught in English and there are lectures, group activities, skills lab demonstrations and practice on patient care skills and assessments of progress (tests/quizzes and return demonstrations). Students must attend an information session, mandatory orientation, complete fingerprinting, have a physical, immunizations and clear urine drug screen. 

* A mandatory information session is required. Click HERE for more information.

Need Help?


Caregiving Essentials Certificate


The Caregiving Essentials Certificate provides students with the foundational skills needed to serve as an informal caregiver of family members and/or other older adults. Students also gain a competent understanding of the critical concepts and resources essential to caregiving. This certificate also prepares students for employment as a formal caregiver in a variety of settings, including residential care facilities, adult day care, and home care.

Need Help?


Download image to view the poster larger


Community Caregiver Certificate


The Community Caregiver certificate prepares students for employment as a formal caregiver in a variety of settings, including residential care facilities, adult day care, and home care. The certificate also prepares students for informal caregiving of family members and other older adults. Community caregivers provide direct care to persons with chronic conditions, disabilities, and/or dementia and also to other individuals who need non-medical personal care including assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).

Need Help?


Download image to view the poster larger

Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC)

HVAC flyerThe HVACR program prepares you to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, install, service and maintain the operating condition of the heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems. You will receive instruction in HVAC, air distribution systems, HVAC piping practices, brazing and tools, HVAC electrical systems, gas heat, refrigerants, recovery, vacuum and charging, HVAC electric heat, oil heat and hydronic heating, pneumatics and building automation controls, heat pumps, HVAC air distribution, installation, flues and ducts, advanced commercial HVAC systems and solar. Additional instruction is provided on management skills required in the HVAC business. 

Need Help?


Adult Education Contacts

Laura Alvarado, Asst. Director, Adult Education Pathways


Nicole Ramos, Adult Education Counselor