It shall be the policy of Chaffey Community College District to fully comply with the CALIFORNIA PUBLIC RECORDS ACT, (Government Code 6250-6270). To that end, the District shall follow the guidelines established in the Records Access Manual prepared by the Office of Business Services of the District.
Public Records Act Requests are to be submitted in writing to the attention of Maria Kort, Administrative Assistant II, Purchasing Services, via one of the following:
Attn: Maria Kort, Purchasing Services
5885 Haven Avenue
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91737
The College will respond to any Public Records Act request within ten (10) days after receipt.
The District has established a policy of charging 25 cents per page for reproduced documents.
Records Exempted from Disclosure
There are numerous exemptions established by the Act. Some of the more common are:
· preliminary drafts, notes, or memoranda not retained in the ordinary course of business, when the public interest in withholding clearly outweighs the public interest in disclosure;
· records pertaining to pending litigation to which the College is a party until the litigation has been finally adjudicated or otherwise dismissed.;
· personnel, medical, or similar files, the disclosure of which would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
· records prohibited from disclosure by federal or state law, including the law of privilege;
· any record, where the public interest served by withholding clearly outweighs the public interest to be served by disclosure.
Records of auxiliary organizations, which are separate nonprofit corporations, are not subject to disclosure under the Act, unless those records have become a part of College records, because they are being, or have been, used by an employee of the College in connection with the performance of his/her job. “The mere custody of a writing by a public agency does not make it a public record, but if a record is kept by an officer because it is necessary or convenient to the discharge of his official duty it is a public record.”
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
7:30am to 4:30pm
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
NOTICE: All College campuses and offices will be closed on Thursday, November 26, through Sunday, November 29, 2015, in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Thank You!